Sunday, 4 December 2011

Time out...............

As a busy retailer my November/December always wears me out, so when Hels's workshops for the year were over and my very good friend Sue Roddis invited me for a long weekend, I did not need long to say 
YES!!!!
We went shopping in Chester on Friday, what a lovely place Chester is. Lots of lovely little shops selling those hard to find treasures and as it got dark the lights came on. How lovely does this look?
On Saturday we went shopping to a local garden centre, with equally pretty lights
but more importantly, a very nice Cafe..............
OMG this was just delicious............
Today, with the weather not at its best, we decided to leave the shops alone and have a play day..........now I almost never get time to play so how excited was I?
First we got ourselves some paper to work with.........at great expense
We had seen a great idea over on GezzyB's blog, so we decided to make one of these first...............
a folded paper Christmas Tree, great fun to make. I did not quite finish mine as we had lots of other things we wanted to try out..............so more to come on that.
Next up paper Snowflakes, Sue had seen this on a blog HERE...............
We used double sided 12 x 12 for these but you could use anything really. So from this..............to this
I love them...........really love them, will be making more of these babies.
Not finished yet......next came these...............
paper balls...............clever folding from HERE to make these. Sorry my photo is not that great but basically we started with this
folded this way and that way and back again, added a bit of glue and voila!
So, a whole day but what a day..............thanks Sue (she just gave me my dinner too, I like it here.......ALOT), heading home tomorrow but will be back (if she will have me).

5 comments:

Sue said...

Of course I'll have you .........ANY TIME!!
Glad you had fun....so did I...will miss you when you are gone:)

Sarah Anderson said...

a well deserved trip I'd say, and what a fabulous one - all that paper folding looks AmAzIng!!!! It's now on my 'must try' list :) Have a safe journey home tomorrow xx

Helen said...

It is good to see you getting time to play yourself!! Have a safe trip home.

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

A well deserved break:)) AND you got to play! ...
xxx

Gez said...

Sounds like you girls know the recipe for a perfect weekend. Glad you had fun, fun, fun!

Off to follow your link to the ball ornament..how fab is that!

Ooh, I desperately need to know when the new Art Journaling mag comes in stock. Loving your magazine tree, thanks for the toot! Keep warm. Hugs, Gez.xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails