Wednesday, 14 December 2011

More Christmas Fun with Hero Arts

Hi there, it's me, Ruby, back to share a few cards with you.

Have you been enjoying the 12 days of tags?  I have bought a few bits and pieces to create some, but haven't made anything yet.

I have a few more projects to share with you today.  First up is this little Hero Arts Holiday Reindeer that I've coloured with Copics.  I’ve used Authentique Wonder papers. The card itself is just lined paper matted onto the card base.  A rectangle striped panel has twine wrapped around it with buttons and has been attached to the card base using pop dots.  The oval is a Nestabilities die and the sentiment (also from this Holiday Reindeer set) was stamped and hand cut, then finished off with some smooching of Peeled Paint distress ink around the edges.
Reindeer of Peace
This little card uses Hero Arts baubles from Decorate Your Holidays set.  I matted the card base with blue bazzill using a corner rounder.  I then cut a smaller white panel, again with the corners rounded.  I stamped and coloured the little bauble using Copics and attached it to the panel using pop dots.  To finish I stamped the word 'joy' and added some ribbon and twine to the top of the bauble and a gem to the centre.

Joy

My final card is another simple one, again using the Hero Arts Holiday Reindeer set..

Tree HA

I stamped the background with snowflakes in the same way as the bauble card, using Ranger Limited Edition Distress Ink in Evergreen Boughs adding little crystals to the centre.  I then hand cut a little hill using white cardstock and stamped on the sentiment 'Peace Love and Joy' from the Very Merry Christmas sentiment set.  I added some Rangers Stickles to the hill for some added sparkle.  Using Biscotti Perfect Pearls mixed with water as a spritzer and Evergreen Boughs I painted an area of card big enough to stamp my card onto.  Once the painted card was dry I stamped on the tree image, then fussy cut it before attaching to my card with pop dots.

Tree Outtake HA

Finally some Christmassy pegs to share with you.  You may remember I blogged about these a while ago, so I thought I would try a Christmassy version this time.  You could use these in so many ways, for your shopping lists, for gifting money, for using with Baker’s Twine to hang as a banner for your Christmas cards, etc. etc.

100MEDIA_IMAG0786

This used tags from the shop, some Authentique papers, a snowflake punch, some buttons and ribbon, some pearls and a little stamp from the Snowflakes set by Hero Arts.  The pine cone and foliage in the corner is the new Tim Holtz Tattered Pine Cone die.  There’s a great tutorial on there by Tim too.  I LOVE this die, you can use it for roses too, they would look so pretty in different colours.  I will use it for cards but my main reason for buying it is for my parcels because I think presents will look so pretty wrapped up with a couple of pine cones and foliage added to the ribbons.

Well that’s it from me today.  I hope you’re keeping warm and toasty in this colder weather!

Happy Christmas shopping & crafting!

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Your cards are so lovely! They all look stunning, and the reindeer is gorgeous!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails