Thursday, 8 December 2011

A few Christmas Projects to Share

Hello, it’s me back again with a few Christmas projects.  I hope you’re well underway with your Christmas card and/or gift making.  I’m only just really starting mine, eek!!

If you're here for the Tim Holtz tag, scroll down to the next post or click here.

First up is a Christmas tag using more cute Hero Arts reindeer stamps..
Reindeer Tag
I used a manilla tag base and covered it with Bazzill cardstock in red that I ran through the Sizzix Snowflakes embossing folder.  I tied some polka dot ribbon around the tag in a bow and then die cut a rosette in green and added the stamped Hero Arts ‘Holiday Reindeer’ that I paper pieced again with Bazzill.  Using a Sizzix Brackets border die I cut some borders in white Bazzill and then used the offcuts of the rosette die for the border underneath in green Bazzill Bling.   To finish I added some Xmas Red Stickles to his nose and a few dots for his jumper, and then added some Baker’s Twine to the top of the tag.

Next a more traditional Christmas card that we made at one of the workshops.
Christmas Baubles HA
For this card we used Authentique ‘Wonder’ patterned papers, these come in a mini 6 x 6 pad and also in 12 x 12 papers.  The stamps on the card are by Hero Arts, ‘Decorate your Holidays’ for the baubles and ‘Christmas Cheer’ for the sentiment. Lots of yummy Copics were used for the colouring and the little pearls were also coloured using Copics, they were originally white.
 
Finally a quick card made using some snowflakes to create a fun background…
Snowflakes HA
This one uses various Hero Arts stamps, ‘Swirl Christmas’, and ‘Decorate your Holidays’  for the snowflake background and Ranger Distress Inks in Barn Door and Peeled Paint.  The label is a Nestabilities die, labels 16 with a sentiment from Hero Arts ‘Get Merry’. The red panel behind the label was embossed in the same way as the reindeer tag and then before assembling everything a polka dot dressy bow was added with a button and twine to finish.

For more cute Hero Arts reindeer inspiration pop by and see my blog post.

Have a great day!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Oh Ruby you got me in the mood now.......I want to go play LOL

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails