Goodly Morning stamp-fans! Today I am here to show you a little piece I have made using Studio 490 Art Parts and stamps. Now, I don't know about you but I am loving Art Parts, to the point that I had run out of drawer space for them all to live in, so I resurrected an old wooden suitcase that had been lurking under my desk for yonks. All of my Art Parts now have a nice sturdy home to live in. The case is just too nice to "alter" - I couldn't bring myself to decorate directly onto it, so I hit on the idea of using Art Parts to make a "label" for it.
The base of the piece is a Square Art Part Frame, which was coloured with Rusty Hinge Distress Stains. The base part was coloured with Wild Honey Distress Stain and then both were overstamped using Vermillion Archival and fab 490 background stamps. The Scallop Trim was coloured with more Wild Honey and then overstamped with my new fave background - the Squolka Dots - not sure if this is the real name but it kind of fits nicely :O)) I used Vermillion Archival Ink again for the stamping.
The little Queen is a stamp that has its very own Art Part, perfectly sized for stamping onto. Now, the best way to stamp onto Art Parts that have co-ordinating stamps is to ink up the stamp (for this I use Jet Black Archival) and then press the Art Part onto the inky stamp - you can make sure that the lines are within the edges this way... much easier. I gave the piece a quick zap of the Heat Tool to dry off the Archival Ink and then used Brushed Corduroy to very lightly blend over the face, then using Cut & Dry Nibs to add colour to the eye and a bit of blush to the cheek. The little moustache was coloured with Brushed Corduroy Stain... and the little crown was coloured with Wild Honey Stain and overstamped again with Vermillion and the Squolka Dot background. Behind the Queen is one of the new Flourishes from the Pot Pourri of Art Parts Set... coloured with Forest Moss Distress Stain.
The sentiment is stamped onto plain cream cardstock, dried and then coloured with Old Paper and Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink - and distressed with an Edge Distresser... I also stamped the "perfect" word in Vermillion, cut this out and popped it over the original black word, this makes the word pop out of the design. I added a key to make a hanging, this is pounced with Gold Dabber and then dried, so it has some texture, it is then glued to the back of the base, making a cool little hanging tab.
The flowers and leaves are all Art Parts - from the Florals set and the Leaves set... I just snipped into then to make them fit, colouring with Distress Stains, overstamping with 490 backgrounds and adding a little Maya Road flower for the centre and a couple of Trinket Pins for decoration.
Finally, I added some waxed linen cord to attach the "label" to the old suitcase.
The Ingredients I used:
Studio 490 Art Parts:
Rectangle & Square Frames
Pot Pourri of Art PartsLeaves
Queens & Crowns
Studio 490 StampsArchival Inks - Vermillion, Jet Black and Olive
Cut & Dry Nibs
Distress Stains - Rusty Hinge, Wild Honey, Forest Moss
Distress Inks - Old Paper, Brushed Corduroy
Maya Road Trinkets
That's all from me for today... Thanks for looking! TTFN