Saturday, 8 October 2011

Seasonally Studio 490

Wishing you all a very happy Autumn! It seems after our little bit of Indian Summer that all things have turned Autumnal, including those new fabbylicious Seasonal Distress Inks from the God of the Ink, Ranger. I admit I was a teensy bit sceptical about an ink pad that doesn't have a re-inker option. However, curiosity got the better of me... ok, I needed them lol And... I am so chuffed that I took the plunge. Not only are the colours perfect for the season, the pads are really juicy - juicier than a normal Distress Ink Pad, so the worry about my pads drying out has kind of taken a back seat now. And... there's more... after playing extensively for the last couple of weeks with these new colours, I have combined them with different variants from the Distress color range... and they all go together beautifully. I know that Wendy has managed to secure a few more, so if you haven't got yours yet, CLICK HERE for the pre-order page and email Wendy to secure a set just for you :O))



So... I love a bit of Studio 490 as you know... and the other night I got playing with the inks, some Grungepaper, some Art Parts and some of those rather delightful Studio 490. My play session resulted in a tag... so here's how I made it: Using a blending tool, I picked up Wild Honey Distress Ink and blended onto patches of the tag. Next I picked up some Rusty Hinge DI and did the same. Then I picked up some of the Seasonal's Seedless Preserves and blended this around the edges and a little into the centre of the tag. I spritzed with water, dried and then the bits of ink that were left from the blending process were lightly spritzed and the tag was dipped and dried... giving a lovely mottled effect - like a paler version of a Wrinkle Free Distress Technique.




I used Plum Archival Ink to stamp the open bubbles and then Monarch Orange Archival Ink to stamp the script. Then I set about making my embellishments, starting with the card for the sentiment which was coloured using the same DI's but doing a less inktense look. I stamped the sentiment in Jet Black Archival so this really pops off the tag. I used a variety of Studio 490 flowers, stamping in Plum Archival onto Grungepaper, cutting out, colouring both sides with DI's, overstamping the flowers with background stamps on both sides and then assembling - adding a little Prima Resin Bloom to the centre. The butterfly was made in the same way, this time I added an Idea-ology Locket to the centre. Behind the flower is a leafy Art Part - coloured with Forest Moss Distress Stains and overstamped with Olive Archival.

The Ingredients I used were:
Link
Seasonal Distress Inks - Seedless Preserves & Gathered Twigs (edging the tag)
Distress Inks - Wild Honey & Rusty Hinge
Studio 490 Art PartsLinkStudio 490 Stamps
Idea-ology
Archival Ink - Olive, Plum, Monarch Orange, Jet Black
Distress Stains - Forest Moss


Thanks for looking! Happy Autumn! TTFN Hels x

7 comments:

The Sparkly Fairy said...

Beautiful colours. I really like the words you have used.

Kirsten Alicia said...

That's gorgeous, I love the colours of these new distress inks. Mine are on pre-order, so I'm spending every day watching out for the postman/lady/person. :)

Wendy said...

Don't they look nice!!!! We will be having another delivery very soon and then another after that too so hopefully everyone currently on my list will receive a set. We will start to take pre orders for the new xmas set coming out soon too!!!

Ruby said...

Gorgeous mix of colours and your tag is fab!

Yvonne said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Sue!

Alice Wertz said...

beautiful colors and details. very pretty tag!

SunnyB said...

Fabulous tag and choice of colours. This tag is jumping off the page with juicy plums and apricot colours. Thanks for sharing the step by step process it is invaluable to a beginner like me. Regards Sunny B

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails