Tuesday, 11 October 2011

Paper Piecing Fun

Hi there

Today I have a card to share with you that has been paper pieced.  Paper piecing is so much fun and a great way to recycle all of those little scraps!

This little card is almost totally paper pieced, the images are lovely and open so they make the perfect choice for colouring or paper piecing.

Darcie's Birds in Nest
Firstly I cut a pink rectangle and attached it to the card base.  I then stamped my design directly onto the pink card and stamped out each little element in patterned paper either once or twice, and then cut each shape out leaving the black border. I do this so that when the image is stuck down it looks much crisper. With the layered shapes I like to double up the patterned pieces so that the images look nicer when you view it from the side. The first cloud and sun are stuck directly onto the pink card so I only cut them out once. With the second cloud at the front I raised this on pop dots to give it some added dimension.  As you can see in the photo I added some pearls to the ends and top of the umbrella.

The umbrella has been stamped using blue ink.  Using a Copic marker I coloured in the umbrella handle and the branch/leaves, and to finish off I added some yellow ribbon and cut some twine up for the nest to give extra texture.

If you haven’t tried paper piecing I would really encourage you to give it a go.  It’s a fun way to get more use out of your stamps and it gives you a great excuse to go back to your childhood and cut out little shapes and stick them down with glue!

Have fun!



1 comment:

Maggie said...

Lovely card soooo cute!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails