Saturday, 29 October 2011

Back to Black

Happy Saturday!

I hope you’re having a great start to the weekend.  I’m here today to share an embossed card with you.  I love using black embossing powder, it brings me back to my very early days of stamping when it seemed that everything was about embossing!

6-6 HA
Using my GORGEOUS Hero Arts flower with some Authentique patterned paper I managed to pull this card together quite quickly.  It’s always nice to have some ‘just because’ cards to hand.  I love pulling out my mini pads of patterned paper, it makes the job so much easier.

It can be easy to become overwhelmed in trying to pick different complementary papers but mini pads take all the hard work out of it for you.  I usually just pull out a few different sheets and see how they work together, playing around until they start to complement each other rather than stand out like a sore thumb!  I like to use the paler papers as a softer background to stamp on, they add a level of interest without being overpowering.  This paper pad seems to work really well with red, it adds that perfect pop of colour for me. (Well, my name is Ruby so I just had to get some red in there somewhere!)

Isn’t the gloss on that flower to die for?! 

I’m not sure if you know but I’m running some Christmas card workshops at The Stamp Attic on Monday 7th November, so if you fancy having a giggle over a cuppa while getting organised by making a couple of Christmas cards get yourself booked in.
 
I’m also running some Christmas Tag workshops here on Monday 21st November.  I love adding tags as a finishing touch to presents, it’s so nice having tags to match your cards/wrapping.  It’s not that many weeks to go now, can you believe it?!!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.  Hope you get some time to get inky!



All supplies are from The Stamp Attic...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails