Sunday, 16 October 2011

Altered Pegs

Hi there

Today I have a quick little project to share with you for altered pegs.  I’ve seen this featured on a few people’s blogs over a period of time and had to get it off my ‘to do’ list into action!
5-6 HA
Using Authentique paper I covered the wooden pegs.  I firstly took out the little metal piece from the pegs, and then adhered the two wooden pieces with Glossy Accents to different patterned papers to cover them, cutting as close to the edge as possible.  Once dry I sanded the edges using the Tim Holtz sanding tool.  I love this little block, it’s so much easier than using a nail file lol.  Once I’d sanded the edges I inked the pieces up with some Ranger distress tea dye ink.  Next I just popped the metal piece back in and then embellished it to finish, each peg using a different embellishment.

Finally I covered a tag with some more patterned papers to display the four pegs on.  I think I might make a few of these up for myself.  If you want to see how I made the little flower pop on over to my blog.  These pegs would make sweet little gifts and it’s so much more fun using pegs for this than for washing!

Have fun!



All supplies available from The Stamp Attic.



3 comments:

Carol Q said...

ooh that's really unusual and very cute Ruby. I like the paper you used.

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Great idea Ruby, love the pegs and the papers you used. Tracy x

Wendy said...

Now thats a grand idea........I have fidgety fingers, might need to go make me some of these xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails