Sunday, 11 September 2011

Steampunk Dominoes

I've been using the new set of Steampunk stamps once again from Inkdadinkado for my DT piece for The Stamp Attic. I decided to create a domino accordion this week to highlight some of these fabulous images.
I sanded the dominoes and then painted with a coat of Fresco Finish Paint Honey Dew, allowed to dry, added my Crackle Glaze but only a thin coat as I did not want my crackles too large and once dry I added a top coat of Toad Hall. The edges of the dominoes were sponged with Distress Ink black soot but before applying the ink I did scratch away some of the paint to give a distressed feel to my piece. Once my domino pieces were completely dry I stamped my image with black Archival Ink. I love the small cog stamp I used around the outside edge of the domino.
A top coat of Glossy Accents was added and whilst still wet I added my cog embellishments and clock hands (available in the shop, but not yet on line).
My accordion is cut from thick watercolour paper and I have used Tim's Timeworks mask and applied vintage photo ink over the top. All my stamping is with black Archival Ink.  I love love the STEAMPUNK Lady Bug and the border on the bottom edge.
Both sides have been decorated in the same way and I have added cogs cut using Tim's Alterations Movers & Shapers Mini Gears set.
The mini gears have been coloured with vintage photo Distress Stain and all the edges sponged with Distress Ink black soot. The small key is also from the STEAMPUNK set.

To complete my piece I sponged the edges of the watercolour card with black soot Distress Ink.


Thanks for stopping by, Tracy x x (http://craftaddicts-tracyevans.blogspot.com/)

3 comments:

Helen said...

Fabulous, Tracy!!

Wendy said...

What a lovely idea, the detail is amazing, thanks Tracy.

Barb Cady said...

Superb! A lovely piece of Tracy wonderfulness - I love it xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails