Monday, 26 September 2011

Missing Mojo!

Hi there

I hope you’ve all had a lovely weekend.  The weather is looking a little nicer here, the sun has decided to pop his head out finally.

I found today’s card that I’m sharing with you really challenging to make, well actually not the card itself but my mojo.

4-6 HA CPS 260911
I had lots of ideas but for some reason I just couldn’t pull any of them off over the weekend, my mojo just upped and left and wasn’t coming back.  That was until I decided to go back to my tried and tested motivator of a good old sketch.  Once I saw the sketch I had a card in the making (for details of the sketch that I used please see my blog).

To create the card;
  1. Mat base with patterned paper
  2. Cut smaller panel in a contrasting patterned paper and stamp sentiment in black
  3. Die cut border and attach to smaller panel
  4. Tie ribbon around panel before adhering to card base using pop dots
  5. Stamp four flowers in black and die cut each one
  6. Die cut a scalloped circle, attaching stamped circles to finish, assemble as shown and attach to main panel
  7. Add black pearls to the centre of each of the flowers and one either side of the sentiment to finish
See.. simples!  So why, oh why, did it take so long to get to that point lol

This layout would work so well with many different themes, but I do really love this Hero Arts Lotus Leaves set where you get such lovely crisp lines and different sizes of images which gives more versatility.  They’d also make a pretty background, but that’s definitely for another day!

Here’s hoping my mojo stays with me now.  I hope you all have super fantastically mojo-filled days and that my card will have at least encouraged you that if it isn’t there now it will come back!

Have fun!





1 comment:

Wendy said...

for no mojo you did good, love the colours and the simplicity of the card. Sketches either send me one way or the other, jog my mojo or just confuse me LOL

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails