Friday, 16 September 2011

Fashion Led Cardmaking!

Today’s card makes use of what we are being told are the latest fashion colours.. tan and black!  Do you ever bring in fashion trend ideas into your cardmaking?  It can be quite fun!

HA-Tan--Black-160911-3_thumb1
image_thumb

This card was quite simple to make.  I matted the base of the card with black and kraft coloured cardstock.  Using one of the little Hero Arts flowers I stamped a strip of flowers across the middle of the kraft cardstock. I then die cut a circle and an oval on which I stamped the flower and sentiment.  I coloured some cream vintage-y ribbon with my black copic pen, wrapping it around the card, tying in a dressy bow and adding a button and twine.  The sentiment stamp was in one long strip so I cut in between the word ‘of’ and ‘you’ so that I could get it to fit nicely in the oval frame.  (I used to be terrified of cutting stamps, but you can get so much more value out of them where they fit into other shapes, so don’t be afraid, you can do it!!!)

For more information on what else inspired me to make this card please visit my blog.

All supplies are available from The Stamp Attic, see list below..

Have a great day, I can’t believe it’s the weekend already, where has that past week gone?!






2 comments:

Hels Sheridan said...

LOVE this colour scheme on this FAB card Ruby.... see ya soon ;o))

Wendy said...

I like alot!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails