Tuesday, 6 September 2011

All Stitched Up...

Goodly Morning! I have been playing with Studio 490 stamps again... and my latest toy... a mini sewing machine! I love the look of stitching on my cards and paper craft projects and I know now I have this new toy I will be using stitches lots... This week my card has been made using Distress Stains, Inks and Grungepaper. I will pop a list of ingredients at the end of the post :O))



The background card was made by covering a piece of cardstock with Bundled Sage Distress Stain and then spritzing it with water. I then lightly dotted Stormy Sky Stain over the top and then dried with a heat tool. I used a large bubble background, stamping with Bundled Sage DI and then overstamping with the script background, stamping this with Forest Moss DI. I made a border using the vine stamp, which was stamped in Forest Moss DI... I then sewed the backing and border together onto black cardstock.



The sentiment was stamped on scrap card and stitched around the edges to match the background... and then I got to my favest bit, which is stamping flowers using Coffee Archival ink onto Grungepaper... I love how I can layer up the different flower images and get a different flower each time. The flowers were overstamped with various backgrounds and then coloured with Distress Ink. The leaves are stamped with Olive Archival and then coloured with Forest Moss DI. I wanted to make a few layers on this card to show you how you can mix and match your Studio 490 stamps... stamp a flower, colour it, overstamp with a background and you have one style... stamp again, use a different colour, a different background... and you have a totally different flower... cool huh!



The Ingredients I used are:

Studio 490 stamps:
Forever Art
Funky Flower Art
Make Mine Mini Art
It's Face Art
Be Inspired... Make Art
Love To Make Art
She Created Art
Live & Make Art
Sentimental Art

Stormy Sky & Bundled Sage Distress Stains
Stormy Sky, Bundled Sage, Forest Moss & Black Soot Distress Ink
Archival Ink: Coffee, Jet Black, Olive

Maya Road Trinket Pins
Sticky Gems

Thanks for looking... have a fab week! TTFN

Hels x

7 comments:

jude said...

Hel's this is Gorgeous creation.I just loveee how you do those flowers with the grunge paper.Keep on inspiring us all with these beautiful creations.love it!
hugs judex

Helen said...

Fantastic!! I love your wonky stitching...sorry your curvy stitching... the flower is gorgeous and I love the sentiment.... so, all in all I quite like this. lol!

Carol Q said...

Gorgeous Hels. I'm a great fan of "distressed" stitching. lol

Alison Horne said...

Gorgeous blue and green [must often be seen] smooshing and stitching.x

betjunroe said...

Love the assortment of flowers and the flower in the center. Is that Maya Road or did you make it with the melted art pan? Bette

The Crafty Elf said...

What a lovely card and I do love that stitching. Your colours are lovely too!

Hels Sheridan said...

Thanks everyone :O))

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails