Tuesday, 9 August 2011

Thinking of You

Hi everyone

If you have children I hope you’re enjoying the summer holidays and making the most of no school runs!  I know I am!

PP 080811

Today I have this quick and simple card to share with you that I created with my Prickley Pear butterfly stamp and dies.  I teamed the butterfly up with some gorgeous Basic Grey ‘Hello Luscious’ papers.

Firstly I matted the card base with some patterned paper and then added one large triangle and one smaller triangle to the top and bottom corners.  I die cut and stamped the little butterflies and added pop dots to the top butterfly, finishing off with a Prima flower. Before attaching the butterflies I stamped and hand cut a banner that I inked up with some Mustard Seed Ranger Distress ink around the edges.

The top corner still looked a litle plain and while I wanted to use pearls it just didn’t quite work so I cut out two flowers from the patterned paper and added them using pop dots, adding a few pearls to the centre of the flowers.  To keep continuity and to give a bit more dimension  I then added some more pearls randomly across the patterned paper.

I hope you get time to play soon, with or without kids!


4 comments:

Wendy said...

Oh nice................in fact lucious x

Kirsten Alicia said...

VERY Summery, I love it.

Terri said...

Very nice. Love the butterfly, Thanks for taking the time to stop by my blog too!

Carol Q said...

beautiful Ruby.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails