Monday, 29 August 2011

Lace & Sentiments

Afteroon all! I am here today to show you what I have been up to with my Studio 490 stamps... and wow, I have the new Sentimental Art set which is... gorgeous! The sentiments are so lovely but the best bit about this set is... the lace background stamp, which is beautiful.




I used some Distress Stains and the lace stamp to make some bespoke background paper to use on my card. I swooshed Frayed Burlap, Brushed Corduroy and Faded Jeans Distress Stains onto my craft sheet and then dipped the card into it, drying and re-dipping until I had the look I wanted. I used Frayed Burlap Distress Ink to stamp the lace background over the card.... so it gives a really subtle and shabby look.



I used various 490 flower stamps, stamping onto Grungepaper and then colouring with Distress Ink and then turning into a 3D flower embellishment. I used Memo Pins that had little stamped images popped into the centre and then filled with Glossy Accents... so you have an epoxy pin embellie to use. (thank you to Wendy Vecchi for this idea!)




The ingredients I used are:

Studio 490 stamps - Sentimental Art (July 11 CHA release)
Studio 490 stamps - Live & Make Art, Funky Flower Art, Make Mine Mini Art
Distress Stains - Brushed Corduroy, Frayed Burlap, Faded Jeans
Distress Ink - Frayed Burlap, Faded Jeans, Old Paper, Brushed Corduroy
Grungepaper
Idea-ology - Memo Pins
Glossy Accents



Thanks for looking! TTFN

Hels x

5 comments:

Helen said...

Great card - love that flower!

snazzyoriginal said...

Really beautiful colours - love the stamp set!

Wendy said...

I agree, some really nice sentiments on this set....and you did my fave colours too, great card.

Kirsten Alicia said...

That's so lovely Hels, the pins are a perfect addition.

Dragon said...

OOO it's yumminess all over ... the flower is a bit special too
Frankie
xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails