Goodly Morning! I have been having lots of fun playing with Studio 490 stamps and Art Parts and have made a little hanging that is loaded with technique and stashly delights. The base of the hanging is one of the large Art Part pieces, I covered it in Crowded Attic paper and then used Traditional Tan paint, applied with Cut & Dry foam to dull down the pattern. I like to do this because it gives a lovely smooth surface for the inks to sit on and also means that I can add in background stamping to compliment the paper.
I then used Fired Brick Distress Stains, smooshing it onto a craft sheet and dipping the Art Part into it. You will see the Stain go into bobbles on the base - I love this bit as each time it gives a different look - I spritz the bobbles with water and heat dry it, giving a lovely randomly swirly look. I added a little bit of Vintage Photo Stain in the same way and then got cracking on the stamping. Using Monarch Orange Archival Ink, I stamped a large 490 background onto the base. A quick zap with the heat gun so I didn't smudge the stamping... then stamping the large stars image using Manganese Blue Archival ink - these new Archival colours are LUSH! I also stamped a flower border in the Manganese Blue too.
I wanted to make a blousey flower for the piece so I stamped loads of different flower images, using Grungepaper and Clearly for Art (clear) and then coloured the Grunge with Distress Ink and Stains. The butterfly was stamped twice and coloured with Broken China Stains and then covered with Rock Candy Stickles. The star border is an Art Part, I covered this using the same technique as for the base and then squeezed the Broken China Distress Stain bottle onto the stars, really loading the ink onto them... then set this aside to dry. The piece was finished with Idea-ology and a bit of black Dabber around the base edges to close it all in.
The Ingredients I used are:
Studio 490 Art Parts
Studio 490 Stamps
Clearly For Art
Thanks for looking! TTFN