Tuesday, 19 July 2011

Pastels from Ruby? Unheard of!

Hi there

Today I have a couple of cards to share with you.  I hope you're sitting down to recover from the shock that I'm working with pastel colours today!

The first card was made using a Tonic butterfly punch.  What's great about these punches is that you can add them to a border tool to punch your own borders or you can use them as an individual punch.  I'm not sure if they are up on the website yet, but if you like them just give Wendy a call and she will point you in the right direction.

All I did with this card was punch out some little butterflies in white cardstock and colour them in with my Copics in the colours I wanted.  I then attached them to the card base as shown.  To finish I simply stamped the Prickley Pear sentiment and added some little stick on silver gems.  Very simple but really effective because the layered butterflies cast shadows, giving it more dimension.

For my second card I stamped several butterflies from the same set in Versamark and then embossed them with white powder.  I added some distress inks in Milled Lavender, Distress Concord and Tumbled Glass, then spritzed the card front with water.  To finish off the background I used some white eco friendly acrylic paint and did some dry brushing around the edges to give some texture.

Using my Prickley Pear die I cut two butterflies, that I stamped and then coloured in with Copics.  I stamped a sentiment from the set onto a white strip of card and adhered it in place, adding a purple punched border top and (Fiskars Threading Water).  Finally I tied purple crinkly ribbon around my butterflies before attaching to the card with pop dots to finish.


I hope you're enjoying all of these little butterflies.  I will be back soon with some more ideas for you.

All of the goodies can be found over at The Stamp Attic, the purple highlighted items are 'Ask Wendy' more items!

In the meantime have fun punching!

2 comments:

froebelsternchen Susi said...

beautiful!

Wendy said...

I love them all Ruby, and now we have copics too.........well, the world has become a brighter place lol.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails