Thursday, 28 July 2011

A Form of Style...

Goodly morning! I am back again this week with another inky creation... this time I have made a card but done it "tag size" so the fold is at the top of the card. I used a combo of stamps and elements to make up the design... here's how I made it:




I started off by stamping a large Tim Holtz background stamp (Sewing Pattern) and embossing in clear... once this had cooled I covered the whole piece with Antique Linen Distress Stains and then smooshed my Aged Mahogany Distress Ink onto my craft sheet and spritzed with water. I then dipped the cardstock into the inky mix and dried with a heat gun. I re-dipped the card until I was happy with the effect.



The dressform is cut from mountboard that I had covered with Kraft Resist paper, using the Sewing Room Alterations die. The little cotton winder is cut from the same piece. I used Aged Mahogany and Vintage Photo Inks to colour the dressform and added a piece of lace and some ribbon around the waste and then popped a vintage pearl button onto the waistband, fastening it with an Idea-ology Mini Pin.



The sentiment is a Studio 490 stamp - I stamped this onto coloured cardstock and cut each word out and mounted this onto 3d foam. The Ruler Ribbon pleated banner at the base of the card is simple to make... using a Tiny Attacher Stapler to secure the folds and Distress Ink to age the ribbon and then adhering it to the card with hot glue. I used another Studio 490 stamp for the dry-cleaning label and popped this onto 3d foam too. To finish, I lightly drew black scribbles around the edges for faux stitching and placed an Idea-ology Mini Hanger onto the card too.

The Ingredients I used are:

Distress Stains
Distress Ink
Tim Holtz Alterations - Sewing Room
Tim Holtz stamps
Studio 490 stamps
Kraft Resist Paper
Idea-ology
Ruler Ribbon
Tiny Attacher

Thanks for looking... have an inky day! TTFN

Hels x

4 comments:

Helen said...

Love these colours!! What a great card.

Uhooi said...

Uhooi,,
Waw,,, These cards are nice, sweet and beautiful,,,

Uhooi.blogspot.com

Wendy said...

I like the sound of that background Hels, using Distress Stains over the stamped image as a resist, nice idea and great results.

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Such a fantastic tag, lov this die.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails