Monday, 11 July 2011

Butterfly Fun

Hi there, I hope you've had a lovely weekend and managed to get lots of crafting time to yourselves.

I have a couple of mini cards to share with you today, and then one larger card.  I’ve been really fortunate to be let loose with some fantastic butterflies…



These butterfly die and matching stamps from Prickley Pear are just GORGEOUS!  This is the set that I’ve used..


 I don’t know about you but it’s not often that you get a set where you really love every single stamp, there’s usually that odd one or two that you’re not so keen on! These sets are different, I really do love them all.

I think it’s great to stamp the inside of cards and also the envelopes to match, it’s so lovely to co-ordinate all of the items and I think these sets are perfect for that.  You can even use the butterfly die and stamp on a tag for when you’re giving little gifts. 

I spend quite a lot of time creating each of my cards, but lately I’ve been trying to get a few clean and simple cards under my belt. 

The cards are pretty self explanatory; with a simple square punch I cut out various squares of co-ordinating patterned paper by My Mind’s Eye.  I then stamped the butterfly with Ranger distress inks (Fired Brick and Dusty Concord) attaching them to the centres of the cards using pop dots and finishing them off with Hero Arts 'Find Joy' sentiments and a little prima flower to the butterfly.

I made a set of these mini cards a while ago on my blog using monochromatic blocks of colour and thought it would be fun to see how the idea would look using a fun butterfly and some patterned papers to mix it up a bit.

I often feel with dies and stamps that it’s a bit like the chicken and egg scenario, which comes first?  Cut out the die shape and then stamp or stamp and then use the die?  I find the easiest way is to cut out the die and that way you can easily align the stamp.

I also created the following card with Copic markers, which are coming very soon to a local craft shop near you, namely The Stamp Attic!  How exciting!

The butterflies are from the same Prickley Pair set.  I love these little music butterflies, they are great for all sorts of occasions.  I used some Cosmo Cricket Salt Air papers, a white ball pen to add some faux stitching around the edge, a small daisy hole punch to which I added little crystals, and then I just pop dotted the coloured butterflies onto circles using another hole punch.

For those of you that have yet to work with Copics you will find they open up a world of opportunity when it comes to creating cards.  You can use them to colour of course, but you can also add colour to ribbon and embellishments etc so that you can get a totally co-ordinated look on all of your projects plus lots of other fun things, FABULOUS!  You will love them!  Wendy is going to be running Copic workshops too, the first one is this week, so there’s still time to sign up. These Copics will bring out the artist in you! 

So pop on over to the website and check out more of the Prickley Pear loveliness.  There is also another set below that matches the die, which is great too!



 Supplies can be found over at The Stamp Attic website.

Enjoy your week!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

they are wonderful Ruby, i knew you liked them but.........wow!!!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Lovely pieces Ruby, those butterflies are gorgeous and I love all the different colour ways. Tracy x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails