Saturday, 23 July 2011

All Sewn Up

Morning all, I have been playing with stamps again, namely A FORM OF ART by Wendy Vecchi and the HABERDASHERY set by Tim Holtz.
My background piece is coloured with DI faded jeans, simply apply the colour directly from the ink pad and then spritz with water. I stamped the bodice from Wendy's set onto scrap paper and cut out the centre to make a stencil.  Place the stencil onto the decorated background piece and sponge through the stencil with Adirondack snow cap ink and dry with a heat tool. Keep the stencil in place and using the text background from Wendy's set stamp onto the bodice with black Archival ink and remove the stencil. The pattern on the left hand side is from Tim's Haberdashery set and has been stamped with black Archival ink and paper pieced with white card. White machine stitching was then added to the outside edge.
I printed the dictionary SEW definition on the computer and added to co-ordinated card and added to my card blank.  Three snaps have been added to continue the sewing theme.  To complete, I added letters to jump rings adding glossy accents and added to my bodice and card.
Whilst I was on a roll I created a second card using the same stamp sets.  On this occasion the bodice was stamped onto white card with faded jeans ink and then stamped a second time without re-inking to give a shadow effect. Again I have added machine stitching to the outside edge, this time adding two rows of stitching.
I have added the word SEW using Grunge Blocks coloured with black paint dabber, sanding some of the areas and then adding DI vintage photo giving an aged feel to the letters. I added letters to memo pins and added to the bodice.
My second shadow bodice has a trinket pin added. To complete, I have added buttons from the Sewing Room die, added thread and sponged the edges.

Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy your weekend.  Tracy x x

3 comments:

Helen said...

Tracy, these are just wonderful!! I love the blue of the first one, faded jeans seems to go so well with this stampset! Which, by chance, I have just got, so I can play!!

Wendy said...

Your cards are just lovely Tracy, blue is my favourite colour. The vintage style you have achieved with the colours, stamps and embellishments is inspirational.

Uhooi said...

Uhooi,,
Wow,, This card is a good and creative,,

Uhooi.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails