Monday, 6 June 2011

Flower Power

Hello!  I hope you're all having a good start to your week.  I’m here to share  a card with you today that we made at one of our workshops using lots of Hero Arts goodies.

This is a mini card, 11.5cm x 9cm.  Using Bazzill cardstock we cut a chocolate card base and attached it to the base card.  I rounded mine here, but in the workshop we left it just cut as a rectangle.

HA 4411c

We used Ranger Distress Inks (Mustard Seed, Fired Brick, Vintage Photo) and Versamark with Stampendous Detail Embossing Powder (White) and Hero Arts Layered Flowers stamps using a watercolour effect to create the background.

I really love creating background papers, it’s so rewarding.  The little leaf makes a fantastic fill in too where it’s solid and small enough to squeeze into gaps. When I first bought distress inks I only used them for distressing and ageing edges, I hadn’t realised all of the different things you could do with them, they are SO versatile.  I will be sharing another card with you soon using them as watercolour paints, fun!

We heat embossed the flower on different coloured Bazzill to create a layered flower, using pop dots for dimension and adding a little ePearl in the flower to finish.  Before attaching the main panel we tied on a bit of chocolate twine.

Finally a stamped sentiment using the Hero Arts Find Joy set finished everything off.  I love the simplicity of just stamping a sentiment onto a piece of white card,  sometimes it just doesn’t have to be fancy, does it?!  This sentiment set is fab with all of the go to sentiments and this ‘Thank You’ is one I know I will use over and over again!
  
I am running another workshop on Monday 13th June, it would be great to see you there!

3 comments:

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Striking colours Ruby and love the layered flower. Tracy x

Sarah Anderson said...

Fabulous Ruby! Love the background, and the colours :)

Joanna K (aka Asia K) said...

Ruby, love the card!!! The colours are great ;)

Wendy - just wanted to say a big "thank you"...:)

Hugs
Joanna x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails