Wednesday, 29 June 2011

Distressed!

Hi there

Have you heard about Wendy’s wonderful news?  She’s a first time Nanny, with the most beautiful grand-daughter! Congratulations Wendy, we’re all so very pleased for you!

When Wendy announced me joining the DT a while back she posted one of my cards that we used for one of our workshops – using distress inks as watercolours.  I thought I would share it with you today.  I made this using some Hero Arts yumminess!



I’m sure by now you realise that I do like my bright colours so it was fun seeing how I could use muted colours to create something more my own style.

It was a very simple card to make, I stamped the three panels from Hero Arts ‘Dots and Flowers’ in Ranger Black Archival Ink. Using a craft sheet I stamped some Ranger Distress Ink (Mustard Seed, Fired Brick, Tumbled Glass and Peeled Paint) and used this with water to make up a watercolour that I then used to colour the images.  I then stamped out a flower and cut it out leaving a small border. I stamped the sentiment from Hero Arts ‘Find Joy’ onto plain white card and cut it to size.  The three panels were then matted onto a piece of black Bazzill card and the ribbon tied onto the card before attaching to the white card base.  Finally I attached the sentiment and added the flower with a foam pad, finishing off with a Prima ePearl for the centre.  I’m not sure if you can see in the photo but I also added some liquid pearls using a bronze Viva Pearl Pen for the centres.

I'm not sure I should have been sending you warm thoughts today with how hot the weather has been but I hope you’re out enjoying the sunshine and look forward to seeing you in one of my workshops.  The next one is running on Monday 11th July, Butterfly Mania, and is, as the name would suggest, all about butterflies, one of my favourite card making themes!

All supplies for my card above can be found in The Stamp Attic.

Ciao for now, Ruby 2 Shoes!

3 comments:

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Lovely floral card Ruby, love the colours. The Distress inks are very effective for colouring aren't they. Enjoy your week. Tracy x

Wendy said...

This is my favourite card Ruby, the colours are so bright and 'happy'. I love the way that it totally transforms those stamps, amazing.

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

love the colors, great job.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails