Tuesday, 21 June 2011

Crackling Good Fun

Goodly Morning! Today I am here to show you a little wooden chest that I have altered using those gorgeous Fresco Finish paints from Paper Artsy. I picked the chest up in a junk shop and it has been waiting ever so patiently to be transformed and as soon as I saw how cool the Fresco Crackle Glaze is, I knew that the chest had a future :O))


I painted the front of the chest and top with London Night and gave this a zap with a heatgun to dry it off. Next I painted Pansy onto the sides, again using a heatgun to dry the paint and then I got crackling... literally.



I used a spatula to apply a very thin layer of Crackle Glaze over the top of the chest, heat dried it and then painted Pansy right over the top of it. I wanted a contrast between the crackling on the top and the crackling that I planned for the drawers so the drawers had a base coat of Moonlight. Once the drawers were dry, I again used a spatula to apply a thin layer of the Crackle Glaze and dried them. The top coat for the drawers is more Pansy, so you can see that the top coats are all the same colour but the drawers look lighter because they have Moonlight underneath the crackles.




Once all the paint had dried I got stamping, using a few Paper Artsy Hot Picks and some black Archival Ink to add flourishes to the drawers and carcass and then adding in a cute old owl and some of the floral images. Remember to use a heatgunt to dry the Archival Ink as it needs to be heat set for it to remain permanent. Finally I used Inka Gold Old Silver colour, applying with my fingertip lightly over the crackles and edges of the chest and drawers, to add that little bit of glam. The Ingredients used are all available from The Stamp Attic and here is a list with links to them:

Paper Artsy Fresco Finish paints: Moonlight, London Night, Pansy
Paper Artsy Hot Picks
Black Archival Ink
Heat Gun
Inka Gold - Old Silver

Thanks for looking!! TTFN

Hels

8 comments:

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Those Fresco paints are fabulous Hels and used to great effect on your altered chest of draws. Tracy x

Jayne C said...

Fabulous!! I LOVE it!!! Now I need Fresco paints too...whatever next?? x

ellen vargo said...

Love this project! That crackle glaze is just amazing! Guess you'll need more idea-ology to fill it up, right? LOL!

Helen said...

I love those Fresco colours you used. Scrummeeeeee!! What a fab little chest you have. (saying nothing.)

Wendy said...

Fabulous project Hels, wondered what you were up to over there with those yummy paints.....xx

Val said...

Fabulous piece of work. Just love it.
Hugs
Valxx

judith@poppy cottage said...

Fabulous Hels, love the colours, Moonlight has to be on my wish list now. Judith xx

Ruby said...

I've not tried altering items, but you're definitely inspiring me to have a go!! Love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails