Wednesday, 18 May 2011

A STITCH in Time Saves 9

Afternoon all, time for another of my DT pieces, this time using Wendy Vecchi's A FORM OF ART set of stamps, thanks Wendy I love these as I am really enjoying sewing themes at the moment.
I have painted a square Art Part with PaperArtsy Fresco Paint, my first layer is Sky, applying a layer of the crackle glaze next and then the top coat of Ice Blue. The background stamp has been added with Coffee Ranger Archival Ink. I have stamped the bodice onto Grungepaper again with Archival ink and cut out, added lace and a snap to decorate. I stamped the bodice a second time onto shrink plastic using StazOn timber brown and added to the lace with a jump ring.
Alpha Parts have been used to add the lettering along with computer generated text and a Watch Face from Tim's Idea-Ology as I thought this worked perfectly for the word TIME.  I have also added a needle and buttons from my sewing box .
Butterfly wings have been added to the bodice from one of the butterflies on Tim's Papillon set of stamps, adding a little colour to the wings with Distress Ink Broken China. To complete I have added one of the fabulous steampunk charms (scissors), these are gorgeous and I do love my embellishments.  I have also added some small buttons to a jump ring and added to the scissors.

Thanks for stopping by, Tracy x x (http://craftaddicts-tracyevans.blogspot.com/).

4 comments:

TonyR said...

just oozing vintage shabbiness!!
love it! Great colours too.
I need more of the steampunk charms ... they are fantabulous!

Helen said...

Ooh, Tracy I love this!!

Gabrielle said...

This is really very beautiful and a brilliant use of the phrase! I love the 'time' on the clock! Very clever!

Wendy said...

Beautiful work Tracy x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails