Saturday, 28 May 2011

Find Your Fresco... By Hels Sheridan

Goodly Morning! I am so lucky! Wendy sent me some delish Fresco Finish paints to play with and I got cracking straight away trying different colours together with the Crackle Glaze and made this tag. The base of the tag was painted with Little Black Dress, I dried this with a heat gun and then used an old credit card to spread some Crackle Glaze onto the surface. Again I used my heat gun to dry this layer... how cool, you can heat the Crackle and it doesn't harm it! Finally, a layer of Moonlight was painted over the top. Almost immediately, the crackles start to appear... and the best thing about them is that they are completely flat, so you can stamp over the top of them, I use Archival Ink to stamp.. remember to give it a zap with a heatgun as it will just sit on top of the paint otherwise.


The dressform was cut from mountboard using the Sewing Room Alterations Die. I repeated the paint, crackle, paint process, this time using Moonlight and Baltic Blue (which is my new fave!) and once this had dried, I edged the dressform with Black Soot Distress Ink. The little cotton holder was also cut from the Sewing Room Alterations Die and smudged with Black Soot to age it a bit and then I wound embroidery thread around it. The banner at the bottom of the tag is actually Idea-ology Ruler Ribbon that I folder and pleated and then aged with more Black Soot Distress Ink.


The stamping on the base of the tag is from Just Sew Artsy from the Studio 490 range of stamps... and the sentiment is stamped onto painted mountboard and the dry clean label is stamped onto cardstock and inked both are from the Fashion Style and Art also a Studio 490 set. Then I added embellishments... making my own tassell from embroidery thread and adding vintagey bits to the dressform. The ribbon is from the Idea-ology Trimmings and has been coloured with Distress Stains to match it into the design.




The ingredients used are:
Fresco Finish Paints: Little Black Dress, Moonlight, Baltic Blue, Crackle Glaze
Tim Holtz Alterations - Sewing Room
Idea-ology - Accoutrements, Hanger Clips, Ruler Ribbon, Trimmings and Mini Safety Pins Studio 490 stamps: Just Sew Artsy and Fashion Style & Art
Distress Ink - Black Soot
Black Archival Ink
Distress Stains: Dusty Concord and Faded Jeans


Thanks for looking... TTFN
Hels x

5 comments:

Helen said...

Adorable!!

Ruby said...

This is fab Hels! Love how you've done the label at the bottom!

Uhooi said...

Uhooi,,
This work is very beautiful, sweet and creative,,

Uhooi.blogspot.com

Wendy said...

This is a lovely piece Hels, those Fresco Paints are just so yummy I knew that in your hands wonderful things would happen...........and looky here!!

StampDancer said...

It's so lovely!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails