Saturday, 21 May 2011

Feeling Krafty...

Goodly morning... time for me to show you what I have been playing with recently... namely... the gorgeousness that is the Kraft Resist Paper Stack from Tim Holtz.
I thought I would share a few things about the Kraft Resist paper with you before I waffle on about how I made it into my little altered canvas.

Kraft Resist is aptly named as it is Kraft coloured paper, which is thick so more like a lightweight cardstock and it has a resist printed onto each sheet. It comes in pads of 12" square with 24 sheets, featuring 2 sheets each of 12 designs. The resist looks like a clear embossed design over the top of already patterned paper... however it isn't clear embossed... the resist is a heat resistant resin, meaning that you can heat and reheat the paper without losing the resist image... I have heated a piece of the paper for several minutes from both sides and the resist has stayed put. The papers are slightly more absorbant than the normal paper stacks in the Tim Holtz range, meaning that they take Distress Stains and Colorwash Sprays perfectly. You can layer up the depth of your colours... the deeper the colour, the more the resist will show up.



I have altered a 4" square canvas, using the paper to cover the front and sides of the canvas, colouring them with Vintage Photo Distress Stains and then adding splats of Wild Honey Distress Stain. I used Claudine Hellmuth Multi Medium to stick the papers to the canvas and then covered the edges with Tissue Tape which I then coloured with more Distress Stains.



I used the Tattered Florals Alterations die to cut 6 spiky flowers, colouring 3 with Vintage Photo and 3 with Wild Honey Stains before layering them and adding a little pre-made Prima Flower, which I also coloured with Wild Honey. The word in the Ornate Frame is from the Idea-ology Adage Tickets book... coloured again with Wild Honey and glued into place with more Multi Medium. I added some Vintage Brass trinkets as embellies and finally, coloured some Idea-ology Flower Trimmings with the Stains and popped this along the bottom of the canvas.



Here's a list of the ingredients I used with links to The Stamp Attic shop:


Kraft Resist paper
Tattered Florals Alterations Die
Distress Stains; Wild Honey & Vintage Photo
Idea-ology - Ornate Frames, Adage Tickets and Brads
Idea-ology Trimmings
Anti Brass Charms
Tissue Tape - Sketchbook


Thanks for looking... TTFN


Hels x

4 comments:

Helen said...

S'wonderful, s'marvellous.... I am obviously not looking at the Kraft Resist in the right way as to me the embossed bits are too big (maybe I need to expand my art size-wise!!) ..... love how you work it though.

Wendy said...

Love it Hels, that Resist is so lovely to work with, you did a great job, thanks x

Wanda H said...

Gorgeous Canvas, Hels!!! Love the colors and how everything is put together!!!

TonyR said...

We have a mutual love of kraft resist!! It is fantastic stuff!!
I love what you have created with it ... a beautiful canvas.
i must try making flowers with it now!
Thankyou for your kind comments on my blog too!
xx tonyR

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails