Thursday, 26 May 2011

Be Yourself

Evening all, time for another DT piece using A FORM OF ART set of stamps. I decided to decorate an embroidery hoop this time around as I thought that was quite apt for these images.
The bodice image has been stamped onto a scrap of calico in coffee Archival Ink, masking the image before stamping the background. I have also added the text SPECIMEN 2b to one side of the fabric.  Before adding the fabric to the hoop I have machine stitched around the outside edge with orange to give that pop of colour.
I have gathered some ribbon and hand stitched into place onto the calico, added buttons and a pearl bauble to add a little bling. Could not resist adding a couple more of those fantastic brass steampunk charms, I love them and they made for the perfect embellishment for this piece.
 
To add more dimension I have decorated a dress form Art Part, painted with ice blue Fresco Paint. Once dry I have added text using the background image that comes with the A Form Of Art set using coffee archival ink. I have cut the cage from Grungepaper using the Caged Bird Alterations die, coloured with Distress Ink dried marigold and attached to the dress form.
 
To complete the dress form I have added a flower from the florals Art Parts painted with sky Fresco Paint and a small orange button added to the centre for that pop of colour.

Thanks for stopping by, Tracy x x

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Beautiful work Tracy, I just knew those stamps were 'sew' you lol. I love the use of the hoop and that fresco paint is just yummy isn't it. Thank you so much x

Hels Sheridan said...

Absolutely LOVE this Tracy... I need those stamps now lol Colours are lush and the sewing on it is just perfection! TFS x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails