Wednesday, 13 April 2011

Take Flight

I've been using Tim's new Papillon set this week.  My background has been coloured with Adirondack Denim Color Wash adding a little water to lighten the colour.  I have also distressed all the edges and sanded some areas of the colour to add to the distressed look.
I have embossed all my images with white embossing powder and machine stitched the layers into place. One of my butterflies has a Trinket Pin for his body.
My flower is created from the Tattered Florals die, again coloured with Adirondack Denim Color Wash and all the edges distressed. All my images have been layered onto coordinated Bazzil card stock.
To complete, I have added wings from Tim's Idea-Ology Adornments pack along with Memo Pins having numbers added from the Lost and Found Paper Stash.  Take Flight (from the PaperArtsy Hot Picks Birds) has also been embossed in white and added just below the wings. I have sanded all my metal pieces to add to that distressed feel.  All the products used in this piece are available from The Stamp Attic.

Thanks for stopping by, enjoy your week, Tracy x x (http://www.craftaddicts-tracyevans.blogspot.com).

10 comments:

Helen said...

How fab does that white embossing look over the blue! Hmmmm later maybe! Seems like white embossing is popular at the moment - thanks for stopping by my tag!

Wendy said...

OMG it's just gorgeous....how did you know about me and blue???

mommasiegfried said...

I guess I really do need that stamp set! This is just gorgeous! I am so inspired

TonyR said...

butterfl-abulous!

Hels Sheridan said...

oooh this is lush Tracy... loving the white embossing, it really pops off the page x

Ruby said...

So pretty, I just love white embossing powder at the minute, really lovely!

whyducks said...

Love it!

Gez said...

Very pretty. The blue & white look brilliant together. Love the trinket pin on the butterfly :)

Kirsten Alicia said...

That's beautiful!

SylvieHavre said...

vraiment M*A*G*N*I*F*I*Q*U*E j'adore
bizz
sylvie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails