Saturday, 23 April 2011

Little Boxes...

Goodly morning... and a very Happy Easter to one and all! Today I have a little box to show you that I made using even littler boxes from inside a Configurations Box. I first saw this idea in the latest book from the wonderful Wendy Vecchi, Make Art Studio 490 Style IV. Wendy Vecchi used one of the Configurations boxes for her project... I had a pile of the little boxes growing and figured that it would work if I stuck some of the boxes together and then added the lid - following the instructions in the book.




The boxes are stuck together with Claudine Hellmuth Studio Multi Medium - which is fab for glueing as it is really strong. Once the boxes were glued, I used paper from the Crowded Attic Stack to cover the sides of the boxes and then to neaten the edges, I used Tissue Tape and stuck this all around the exposed edges and the inside edges of the boxes. I used my very fave Traditional Tan paint mixed with a little bit of Walnut Stain Distress Stains and a smidge of Pitch Black Dabber to grunge the whole piece up and make it look a bit old.



The lid is cut from Grungepaper, using an On The Edge Alterations die to make it fancy on the front. The little clasp is a magnet stuck inside the box, a magnet stuck to the reverse of the lid and a Hitch Fastener which has been put through a hinge cut with Grungepaper from the Hardware Findings Alterations Die.




I decorated the Grungepaper using Distress Stains and Distress Inks, stamping those wonderful Studio 490 images onto more Grungepaper and then overstamping with large 490 backgrounds. The finishing touch is on the back of the box where I have used Wild Honey Distress Stain and coloured a length of lace trim.



The goodies inside the box are really, truly, to die for GORGEOUS!!! They are the new Antique Brass Steampunk charms that Wendy has now in stock at The Stamp Attic... do be warned though, they are really good value for money and you will want them all lol... Thanks for looking... TTFN

Hels x

FIND THE GOODIES:
Link
Studio 490 Stamps
Tim Holtz Alterations Dies
Distress Inks
Distress Stains
Grungepaper
Idea-ology
Configurations

6 comments:

Wendy said...

What a brilliant box Hels, love your colourway and I now NEED a huge one to keep all the shop supplies of steampunk charms in LOL, mind you...they are disappearing very very fast!!

Gillian said...

Inspirational project Hel's, love what you have done and love those steampunk charms:)

wwilloww said...

Gorgeous altered box Hels!!! Enjoy your trip to Ranger U!!! Lucky U...

Helen said...

Totally loving this, and just by chance I have ordered some of these charms from Wendy (thanks Wendy!) they look so cute...

Ruby said...

This is gorgeous Hels, love it! Thanks for the tip re: the glue too, I needed to find a stronger one :)

Sam said...

Love how you havw made this box Hels. I have a small collection of these boxes and fancy making a box for some of my Timmy stash!! Enjoy your trip to Ranger you lucky thing!! LOL!!
xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails