...Goodly Morning! I just love this time of year... the birds are singing, the leaves are budding on the trees... there is a hint of Summer in the air and... this is the best bit... new stashly goodies are arriving after the Winter CHA!!! A couple of days ago Wendy gave me a new set of Studio 490 stamps to play with... the set is Celestial Art and has a bit of everything on it. Firstly there is the huge background stamp that is like a very fine fishing net. Then there are three sentiments - one is large, being perfect for cards... the second is a simple one line sentiment and the third, which is my fave is the one I have used on this tag. And then... last but not least... my favourite stamp on the whole set... the cluster of stars... which are perfect! These appear on my tag too.
The tag base was cut using a Tag Alterations Die and Crowded Attic papers = and then glued to a normal tag using Multi Medium. Then I used watered down Traditional Tan paint to coat the paper to dull down the print on it. Next, I smooshed some Walnut Stain Distress Stains mixed with Antique Linen Stains onto the craft sheet, spritzed with water and dipped the tag into it. The paint on the surface acts as a bit of a resist so you find that the Stains pool in patches rather than soak in. A heatgun sped up the drying and then I set about the stamping.
Using the huge background, I stamped over the tag using Coffee Archival Ink... I then used a damp babywipe, dabbing it over the stamped image which dulled it down slightly because I wanted it to be subtle. Next, I stamped the dots border from Seriously Art along the bottom and did the same with the babywipe on this too. Finally, I stamped the curved stitching from Just Sew Artsy in Black Archival.. this covers the join between the two images. Next came the dictionary definition border from Live & Make Art and a flourish for behind the sentiment mat.
The stars were stamped with Coffee Archival and zapped with a heatgun... they are gorgeous aren't they! I made a layered spiky flower from more Crowded Attic papers... the "how to make" these flowers are in my MasterClass for May Issue of Craft Stamper.... I altered a bit of Tim's Idea-ology Trims with more of the same Distress Stains and popped this along the bottom of the tag and then just added a few Idea-ology bits to the rest of the tag... oh and some lovely Maya Road Trinket Pins too... all of the stashly delights I used are available from The Stamp Attic... if you click on each of the products I have highlighted, you will be taken straight to the relevant page on the website too... see, I am an enabler lol
Right, that is me for today... I will be back soon with another tag I have made using this new set... totally different from this one too :O)) Thanks for looking... TTFN