Saturday, 12 March 2011

Hot Picks @ Thorndon Hall...

...goodly morning... I have been playing with those delish Paper Artsy Hot Picks and their Thorndon Hall papers and have made a little arch booklet. The arch is just plain chipboard which I covered with the Thorndon Hall papers, then smoothed some watered down Eco Paint to blend the colours together and to dull down the patterns as I wanted to make my stamped images pop more.




I wanted the two pieces to open out together so I didn't cut the inside pieces right to the base, that meant they opened up without falling apart. The colours of Eco Paints I used were Pomegranate and Clam Shell, thinning these with a few spritzes of water and applying with Cut & Dry foam. I also used Aged Gold around the edges... that was applied with my finger as I just wanted faint smudges to show.




The images were all stamped onto more of the papers, again which had been dulled down with the thinned paint... stamped with Black Archival and then cut out and glued down with Glossy Accents. The sentiments were popped onto 3D foam to make them pop a bit more.




That's all from me... all of the lushly goodies can be found at the Stamp Attic but if you click on the highlighted words you should be whizzed off to the right place online. Thanks for looking...

Hels

5 comments:

Susan Allan said...

So pretty , Hels. I love those subtle paint colours. Must go and check them out!
Sue xx

Carol Q said...

gorgeous Hels. very pretty colour choice.

Fuchsia said...

Lovely work !

Wendy said...

I love that paint Hels, so smooth and such great pigment coverage......good choice for your piece which I hasten to add..........is superb!!

Ana Cristina Caldatto said...

lindo projeto!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails