Monday, 21 March 2011

Home Time...

....oooh, I have been playing with some of the new Studio 490 Art Parts... and combined them with some other goodies to make a wall plaque. The base for this piece is one of the Large Frames from the Large Circle and Large Square Frame Packs. I covered the frame with paper from the new Tim Holtz Crowded Attic Stack and then used more of the stack to cover the base of the frame.




I then set about altering the base piece and coloured it with Bundled Sage Distress Ink then overstamped with the large bubble stamp from She Created Art, stamping this with Coffee Archival. Next I stamped the tree from Mail Art using Olive Archival ink. The little house is from Homemade Art and is stamped onto Grungeboard using Black Archival and then stamped again and the roof, side panel and door cut out to add layers to the house. These were coloured with Brushed Corduroy and Wild Honey DI's.




I decided to add a scallop to the top of the frame and used a large one from the Scallop Trim Art Parts set, covering this with more papers and then sanding to make it a bit distressed. Then I set about adding embellishments... the little "tree" over the stamped tree is actually the base from one of the new Florals Art Parts - I just snipped the flower off the top and turned it upside down... I coloured this with Forest Moss Distress Stain and over stamped with the script stamp from Live & Make Art - stamping this in Olive Archival.




I found an old ruler I used at school and got Grim to chop it down to size for me... perfect for my Art Part piece... the Butterfly is from Botanical Art, stamped twice on Grungepaper and coloured with Wild Honey DI. I added an Idea-ology lock over the top and finally added an Idea-ology Clock to the top... adding in some more bits to jazz it up.. oh and then the key... I called this piece Home Time because that is what I used to long for every day when I was at school lol




All of the stashy bits I have used are readily available from THE STAMP ATTIC. Wendy has loads of new arrivals too... including all the new Studio 490 stamp sets and Art Parts... just saying ;o)) Thanks for looking...

Ingredients:

Studio 490 Stamps
Studio 490 Art Parts
Distress Inks
Distress Stains
Idea-ology
Grungepaper
Grungeboard
Archival Inks


Hels x

8 comments:

Helen said...

That's a nice shopping list you've written for us, lol! Gorgeous work, natch!

Barb Cady said...

In Hel's speak which I am learning quickly - This is goodly indeedy! I like the way you have used the house
and the piece of ruler.Excellent!

Wendy said...

There is a lot of work in this Hels, lots of tiny detail, its brilliant, thank you x

Anonymous said...

Yummy as usual Hels xx Luv Kate

Marijane said...

Lovely piece of art, Hels! Actually, I loved all the art featured on your blog today. The tags were both so different and beautiful. Great use of art parts but the ruler really makes this special!

Nancy said...

Beautiful, Hels! I love all of the different "Parts" of this!

Wanda H said...

Awesome piece!!! I love how you used the art part stem and put the key on top.. way, way cool!!!!

Kirsten Alicia said...

Ooh, this is stunning!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails