Monday, 7 March 2011

Flowers All Around

Morning all, back again with another DT piece using the stamp set "Bloom Clear" by Claudine Hellmuth.  I have created three pieces to try and highlight the versatility of one stamp set and I was enjoying myself so much I got carried away creating at the weekend.
My first piece is a canvas which I coloured with Distress Inks worn lipstick and spiced marmalade with added white circles created from a lid dipped in Gesso. My flowers were created by inking the sponge stamp with Claudine Hellmuth's altered orange Studio paint and stamping onto sticky-back canvas. I then inked the outline stamp with archival ink and stamped over the top giving a very whimsical appearance, the idea being that you do not line up the image exactly, that is the whole idea when using these stamp sets. The leaves were created in exactly the same way as the flowers using landscape green Studio paint. To complete, I added a couple of metal buttons and a scallop Art Part, coloured with Distress Ink spiced marmalade.

I created a book for my next piece measuring 5" x 5".
The book was created from Grungepaper and covered with 7 Gypsies Paddington paper.  My flowers were created by placing the stamp uppermost onto a flat surface, placing a tissue over the stamp and stippling with a stipple brush and diluted PVA, repeat this process with approximately 5 layers, remove from stamp and set aside to dry.  You create a paper cast from the image which can then be coloured with your chosen medium.  In this case I left mine white and added a splash of colour with hand stitching and buttons.  SECRET GARDEN is from the PaperArtsy Hot Picks Birds stamp set.  I added one of Tim's Placquettes to the bottom right hand corner, I'm loving these!
Machine stitiching was added to the front cover and copier paper has been added for the pages, secured with a simple pamphlet stitch.
I purchased some hinges from a DIY store as I love to create little books and these hinges are a perfect size, approximately 2.5" in height.  My book pages are 2.5" in height and 2" in width to give you some idea of the scale. I have used the "Bloom Clear" stamp throughout the book.  My pages are coloured with Distress Inks pumice stone and mustard seed and all images are stamped with archival ink.  The accordiion is created from Tim's Vintage Shabby Paper Stack.
The other images in the book are from Memory Box.
Take flight is from the PaperArtsy Hot Picks Bird sheet.
Thanks for stopping by, Tracy Evans x

3 comments:

Carol Q said...

gorgeous little book Tracey and I love your tissue paper flowers.

Wendy said...

This is amazing work Tracy you cannot possibly have gotten anything else done all weekend. I love the booklet in particular, thank you so much.

She said...

Oh Tracy, what gorgeous projects. Love the little Booklet....my favourite colours too. S x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails