Tuesday, 1 March 2011

Dress code..............

Okay so who knows where this is??? 
Yes, its Hampton Court Palace, London Borough of Richmond. It has not been inhabited by the Royal Family since the 18th century, originally built for Cardinal Wolsely, a favourite of King Henry VIII (he of many wives) and when the Cardinal fell from favour it passed to the King. I love the Tudor period but have never been to the Palace.......but, all that is to change. Am I going on a weekend visit? Am I going for a day trip? No, too simple, I am going as a wedding guest!!! Now before you all get excited, not THAT wedding LOL, my cousins, in October..................so why am I telling you? Well apart from I thought you might be interested, I wondered if you had any suggestions as to just what the hell I am going to wear!!! And before you get cheeky I have already been told not to lose my head over it. I am the worlds worst at dressing up, I want to go and I have precisely 7 months to find something.................HELP!!!!!
This came in today................online now

10 comments:

Becky Handforth said...

Oh I would so love to go there to visit. I love English history and anything about the Tudors. As far as dressing up I can't help there because I always default to what my oldest daughter (21) picks for me to wear.

Netty said...

Well I just hope you are not wearing what has come into today, in your advertisement.....bad move.... Annette x

Hels Sheridan said...

aw, you can borrow my best tiara hunny... you know, the one dripping with diamonds LOL Either that or you could just recycle what you wear for THE other wedding... I am still waiting for my invite ROFL Xx

Helen said...

Hampton Court Palace is gorgeous - I went a couple of years ago - first time in years (last time was probably a school trip... a very long time ago!) How very grand - but I'm no good at dressing up either.

Jennie said...

you could wear CLOTHES!!! lol I like clothes shopping....I could come and help...
xx

kjjc said...

If I were you I would go to one of the big stores and have a day with a personal shopper who will advise you and help put a 'look' together.Hope you have a lovely day when the time comes.

Sue said...

OOHHH NOOOOOO 7 months of "what shall I wear"!!!!

Barb Cady said...

I went to Hampton court some years ago on a study tour, and the wonderful guide told me that when Wolsey had the palace built he painted the entire outside cardinal red! It must have looked something nestled in the then green fields by the river! So here's a thought, what about a stunning red outfit? I don't know whether it is a colour you love, but with your colouring it should suit you? What do cardinals wear? Red robes and white lace? So a smart red dress and Jacket with white lace at the throat? Tis a thought Wendy, but you enjoy, wish I was going!x

Susan Allan said...

I expect you will need something a bit posh then!

Sue xx

themixiepixie said...

Oooh, what a FUN dilemma! What to wear, hmmmm... I am thinking you can't go wrong with something retro - go to the vintage shops! Stick with simple from the 40s/50s/60s, (avoid much lace or frou-frou) and go with whatever color you love on you (I like the sound of red). Simple earrings dangling, and a bracelet that matches, cuz no one does those anymore, and they're classy. It would make a tasteful statement that says you are "you-nique". If you have no use for the dress when you're done, there's a good chance you can sell it back to the vintage shop, or online. I hope you'll post pics of whatever you decide on!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails