Monday, 14 February 2011

How Does Your Garden Grow?

Morning all, I'm back with my second DT piece using the Claudine Hellmuth Bloom Clear stamps.  I thought I would try and work outside my comfort zone this time around and create a journal spread.  I did find this piece a challenge mainly due to the amount of space to fill but I did enjoy the process.
My background was created using DI's spiced marmalade and worn lipstick which I then spritzed with water and dried with my heat tool, must admit I am really enjoying using these two colours together.  I then used the Daisies Art Stencil to add some layers to the background, simply apply a little Claudine Hellmuth painterly pink Studio Paint through the stencil randomly across the page.
I then stamped the swirl from the Hot Picks Birds sheet using DI spiced marmalade to give a tone on tone effect.  Two machine stitched lines were then added around the page to give a border effect.
A selection of brown buttons have been hand stitched to one side of my page to give a pop of colour.  I then coloured several pieces of white card with DI's spiced marmalade and worn lipstick and spritzed with water.  These pieces were used for my stamping.  My flowers were then stamped with Archival Ink Coffee, cut out and machine stitched to the page to create the flower stem.  Hearts were torn from Bazzill card and machine stitched to the page to create leaves.  I stamped a couple of the flower heads onto a gardening book page, cut out and adhered to two of the flower heads.  The small Swirl Bird was stamped, cut out and added to one of my flower heads. I added GROW and grow to my page using one of my alphabet stamp sets, there is a great selection on-line here and here.  To complete my page I added buttons to three flower heads and a torn heart to the top of my page.
This picture gives you a better view of the machine stitching and the dimension on my page.
If you have any questions in connection with my journal page then drop me a message via my blog here.  Thanks for stopping by, Tracy Evans x x

3 comments:

Sarah Anderson said...

Fab, fab page Tracy, love the stitching on the hearts, the buttons, and those flowers are just YuMMY!

Kirsten Alicia said...

Oooh, it's so gorgeous!!

Wendy said...

beautiful work Tracy, I love the 3D the buttons give the whole thing and stitching always makes it for me, thank you so much.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails