Thursday, 6 January 2011

Quick & Simples...

Goodly Morning... I have been having fun getting inky and messy making a quick and simples card using Distress Inks and some of those gorgeous Paper Artsy Hot Picks. I love working with square cards - for some reason I just get on better with them... so, I made this one using plain cream cardstock and it measures about 6" square. For the stamping mats, I started by cutting another piece of the cream card and swooshing Crushed Olive, Frayed Burlap and Rusty Hinge Distress Inks onto a non stick craft sheet. I spritzed these with water until I had a nice dropletty look and then dipped the cardstock into the inkyness. Next, flipping over the cardstock and heat drying ensures that the inks dry quickly onto the card and give a lovely pattern. I dipped the card again and again until I had the desired look and then repeated the process for the message mat and the card I was going to use for the moths.




The stamping on the main piece was done using the same Distress Inks as the dipping bit so it all co-ordinates. I over stamped the birds in the bush several times, the darker the ink, the lower I stamped them onto the card. After stamping and cutting out the moths and the message, I took some Maya Road Crochet Trim and spritzed it with water. Next I rubbed the Crushed Olive inkpad straight over the top of the wet trim and then popped this onto a radiator to dry. The beauty of this trim is that you can change it to be any colour you like.. result!




Finally, once the Trim had dried, I tied it around the stamped piece and then popped some rusty colour Bazzill behind the main and sentiment pieces. Before I stuck the main pieces down, I blended around the edges with Frayed Burlap and then a smidge of Forest Moss. All of the goodies I have used on this card are readily available from The Stamp Attic. Thanks for looking... have a brill day!

Hels x

5 comments:

Helen said...

How fab is this! I need that trim though.... very cool!

Sarah Anderson said...

Ah, that's where to get some crochet trim! Should have known that lol Gorgeous card Hels :)

She said...

Gorgeous card Hels. S xx

Anne Jagger said...

That is just beautiful, I love it.

judith@poppy cottage said...

Love this card Hels, the colours are fab. Thanks for the step by step, and a Happy New Year to you! Judith xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails