Friday, 21 January 2011

Go Configure!!

Goodly Morning! A few weeks ago Wendy gave me an empty Configurations set to play with to see what I could do with it. Well, I have spent the last few weeks mooching around eBay snapping up bits and bobs of "junk" and... artifacts (well, ok, more junk but that sounded better!) that I will be able to pop into the little boxes that make up a Configurations set. Over the next month or so I will be showing you a little box at a time and we will see how I get on altering such a big project.



To start off with I thought that I would do a titchy box... and then got carried away and ended up altering the biggest in the set. It is in my head that each little box will have a different theme.. but by the time I get to the finish, that could have changed! This box has the theme of Time. I started out by cutting some Lost & Found papers to fit inside the box and edging them with Walnut Stain Distress Ink so the cut edges weren't glaringly white. I used a black Dabber to colour the front edges of the box and once this had dried, I used my finger to apply some Jenni Bowlin Brown Sugar Dabber and then some Gold Dabber to give it a bit of bling.




The title was made by cutting out some of the letters in the Lost & Found stack, popping them onto mountboard and then making a little prop for them to sit on so they stay upright. I cut out a clock from the same papers, popped this onto mountboard, sanded the edges and then used more Walnut Stain to age it... and then added Idea-ology Cogs, a Game Spinner and a 7Gypsies cog with a bashed brad to the centre. The little bottle has got some micro beads in it... this is supposed to signify the sands of time... and if you squint you could imagine that it is sand in there :O))





All of the stashly goodies in this little box are available from The Stamp Attic... I will be back next week with the next installment! Thanks for looking... TTFN

Hels x

6 comments:

Helen said...

I love this - I can't believe you haven't done the whole thing all at once....lol!

Joanne said...

I could go to the beach and get some real sand for you? This project is going to be exciting.

Gez said...

Absolutely scrummy yummy Hels. Just my kind of thing. Have fun making more.xx

karen said...

You are off to a fantastic start on your Configurations! I can't wait to see what you do next!

Sarah Anderson said...

I've been eyeing these config boxes up...supercool project Hels :)

Wendy said...

Well, what can I say, this is going to be one exciting project......I am so looking forward to watching it grow, you are one clever lady.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails