Monday, 13 December 2010

Poinsettia Wreath... by Hels Sheridan

Goodly morning folks... tis that time of year again - you know, when I do my level best to avoid making Christmas cards... this year is no different so instead of making cards, I decided to make a bit of festive home decor instead. This little wreath is just the perfect size for hanging on a door inside, measuring about 8" x 8"




I started by cutting a circle from mountboard - I drew round a big ribbon reel I have, but a plate or bowl will work just as well. Once this was cut out, I then drew round the top of my button tin, again, plates and bowls are good. I cut out the inside circle - using Tonic Studio's scissors for this job made light work of it because the scissors are so sharp and heavy duty. I used Chili Powder paint from the new Jenni Bowlin dabber range to colour the circle and then edged with Gold Dabber and although you can't really see it in the pics, I stamped a script all over the circle, again using Gold Dabber... just to fill in the gaps and make it pretty. The Poinsettia's are made from Paper Artsy stamped Grungepaper, coloured with Fired Brick and Peeled Paint Distress Inks and then covered with Fired Brick and Peeled Paint Distress Stickles to add some bling. I punched out some 2" circles from music paper and made these into cones so they could pop inbetween the poinsettia's and to add a finishing touch, I used some gold Organza for a bow and gently heated this with a heatgun, this makes the organza shrivell slightly giving it more shape.



For the hanging bit, I attached some Idea-ology chain to clips and popped these onto the frame - adding Maya Road chandelier beads to add that extra bit of bling. All of the stashy bits used today are available from THE STAMP ATTIC :O)) Thanks for looking... TTFN

Hels x

3 comments:

ellen said...

WOW! This is just drop-dead gorgeous... so cool! Have you now officially run out of grungepaper??? I would think so after this! Love the wreath...just LOVE it! Hugs, Els xx

Helen said...

This is lovely, so pretty. Must have taken hours. Are your fingers clean yet?!

gayle said...

Ooh, love it love it love it!! Fab Christmas project :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails