Monday, 6 December 2010

Oh Christmas Tree...

Goodly morning to you! Tis that time again... yep, nearly Christmas... and very nearly time for me to finish making my cards... actually, that is all fabrication for I fear I will be still making them on the 24th LOL Anyways... I have made a card using those LUSH new Basic Grey Jovial papers.. I used the 6x6 pack and just cut a sheet slightly to fit onto my card and backed it with Bazzill cardstock.



The tree is made from Grungeboard which was stamped with the Tim Holtz Collection Christmas Tree in Peeled Paint Distress Ink and then embossed with Shabby Shutters Distress Embossing Powder. I gave it a quick blend with more Peeled Paint just to get rid of the grey bits and then wiped with a damp cloth to show the embossing again. The little deer is made from Grungeboard cut using the Reindeer Flight Alterations die, then was embossed on the wrong side with the Snowflake Texture Fade. I then swiped Malted Milk Dabber from the Jenni Bowlin range (these BTW are divine!) Then I sanded him, applied some Vintage Photo DI with a blending tool and then rubbed a damp paper towel over to show the painted area's again. I love how the paint has recessed into the snowflake shape!



The fence is cut from mountboard using the Picket Fence On The Edge die and coloured with Brushed Corduroy and Vintage Photo DI's and then smothered with Rock Candy Distress Stickles... these are FAB as they can be heated to dry them and they don't burn or bubble... which means that crafting with sparkles just got a whole lot quicker! The sentiment is a Tim Holtz Collection Mini and this was embossed with gold powder to add some more bling to the card. Finally, I distressed the edges of the card with Tim's Edge Distresser and added a bit of Gold Dabber around the edges to close them in. So... another card down, only seven hundred and 24 left to make LOL Thanks for looking... TTFN

Hels x

2 comments:

Helen said...

Tis truly gorgeous. Ok, so now I have to have THAT die as well...... poor purse!

Sarah Anderson said...

Oh bother, I didn't know there was a reindeer flight die as well as the stamp set!!! Great card Hels, love the deer behind the fence :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails