Wednesday, 15 December 2010

girls on film!

Stuck for a last minute Christmas gift?  Need something to do now you've finished your Christmas cards? [I know there's the odd one or two super, super organised people out there!!]


Well, here's an idea to play with....  Buy Tim's filmstrip die with the money you would have spent on a gift and fill it with photos of a memorable day eg skiing holiday, baby pics through the year, a special birthday...  Then give this project away as your pressie to that special someone.


I cut out two strips of glittery filmstrip, glued some tiny photos into each space on one filmstrip, then placed a strip of card (to cover the joins of the photos) down the back before gluing the second filmstrip on the back of the first.


I used a Coats cotton reel and two pieces of cardboard for my spool, but for those of you who don't have such things lying around the house, Wendy stocks a great selection of chipboard which includes spools from the great  Wendy Vecchi!  I painted my cardboard with white dabber paint then sprayed it with Stream colourwash whilst the paint was still wet - great texture :)  Lots of punched snowflakes, gems and a blue eye later (I rubbed it, oops!)  I have a beautiful gift :)

I take photos of my tree every year and whilst making this project thought it would be nice to make one each year with the date and the pics of my tree..so that's on the to do list for now :)


Meanwhile, the filmstrip ribbon die leaves beautiful rectangles of paper which are perfect for using on cards or  tags.


I layered mine with some 7 gypsies paper after punching a snowflake out of it.  The tag has been cuttlebugged and extra snowflakes and thread added.  I love playing with paper at this time of year, you can't get away with snowflakes in quite the same way in July!!  ;)

3 comments:

Mary said...

waooo complimenti ... bellissimi !!
kisss mary

Helen said...

Bellissimi doesn't come close. What a gorgeous piece of art and a superb idea for a present. LOVE all that silver sparkle!!

Carol Q said...

gorgeous Sarah - great ideas!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails