Wednesday, 1 December 2010

Countdown To Christmas

With Tim's Tissue Tape.
Hope you can make out the image above of Tim's Tidings Tape, it has snowflake images, baubles, postcard text etc and is wonderful for those Christmas makes.
I decided to make a canvas with mine.  I painted the canvas with Gesso and then added a thin layer of Terra and heated it until it bubbled.  I added two coats of Adirondack Acrylic Paint Dabber in Aqua with highlights of Mushroom.  For the baubles (Carved Ornaments Die)  I added tissue tape to Grungepaper and then die cut the baubles, which were then painted with the Aqua dabber and highlights of DI Broken China added.  To add definition I have added a Fragment to each bauble along with the decorative baubles from Tim's selection.  Tissue tape has also been added to the bottom of my canvas and again painted lightly with Aqua Paint Dabber.  I have also die cut a bird from Tim's Caged Bird die, once again covered with Tissue Tape.  To complete, I have added faux stitching with a Pitt Pen, BELIEVE from Wendy Vecchi Just Word Art stamps along with metal embellishments from Tim's Foliage selection.
I have also created a tag to co-ordinate with my canvas.  I have stamped Daniel's Hearts from Stampotiqe with a VersaMark pad and embossed with clear embossing powder.  DI Broken China has been applied over the top and again faux stitching has been added to the edges with a Pitt Pen.  I have decorated the Carved Ornament with Tim's Tissue Tape, added baubles as before and hand stitched around the edges with white thread.  A Styled Label has been cut from white shrink plastic and stamped with BELIEVE from Wendy Vecchi's Just Word Art stamps, the edges have been sponged with black ink. To complete, I have added a flower which has been created from The Artistic Stamper Flower Power Sheet and Tim's Seasonal Paper Stash.  Wherever you are, have a fabulous day, Tracy x x

2 comments:

Susan Allan said...

Those greys and greens are beautiful colours together.
sue xx

judith@poppy cottage said...

Love these creations Tracy, the soft colours are gorgeous. It's given me a few ideas for Christmas cards! I love the combination of those greys and blues with the white, Judith xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails