Monday, 27 September 2010

THEY ARE HERE!!

The NEW STAMPOTIQUE stamps that is!
And to celebate I thought I'd share this quick project with you.
You might have seen over ON MY BLOG these cute little bookmarks.

 Well, a friend said she (and her Mum) would like some so I have made some more along with some cards to present them on. While I was making the cards I decided to photo some of the steps to give a quick tutorial here.
So, first step was to cover the front of the card with an old book page and then add a layer of gesso (got this far before I decided to take the pics!) Let the gesso dry.
Next swish a couple of colours of Distress Ink over the card.....I used Rusty Hinge, Crushed Olive and Black Soot.
Next spray liberally with water to blend the colours.......
then dry with a heat gun........you will notice that it becomes much paler when dry
next stamp each card with a background image........I used COBWEB on one and HEARTS on the other
now cut slits into the cards and thread the bookmarks through, the magnets in the bookmarks will hold them in place on the card.
To finish off I added a few stamped PUMPKINS at the bottom of the cards.
Sue Roddis

2 comments:

Helen said...

Love them, Sue. Going to have to wait to buy them though, bought too much at Ally Pally....!!

Sarah Anderson said...

I just love that sad pumpkin!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails