Tuesday, 17 August 2010

Twinkie And His Wings...

...Hellloooo!  Tis me, Hels, again... I have been playing with those gorgeous Stampotique stamps and... totally inspired by Sue Roddis and her amazing arty techniques with book pages, have made this little card... I am also linking it in with the Stampotique Designers Challenge, which this week is WINGS.



I started by glueing an old book page to some cardstock then using a thinned down mix of Traditional Tan paint (hey, this stuff is the best colour in the world ever LOL)  I swooshed a fat brush, loaded with the watered down Trad Tan over the book page, to quote Sue, this "knocks back" the print on the book so it is fab for stamping onto.  By total fluke, I stamped Twinkie over the top and noticed that one word was really readable on his bonce.. it says girls... so I drew a scratchy box around this and highlighted it and this was then the theme for my card.  I drew a couple of wings onto the painted page and then popped these behind Twinkie.  Isn't he just a cool dude?   I used a Ticket cut using Tim's Alterations die... and handwrote the words.  This was popped on the card using an Idea-ology Memo Pin... with a pearl on the pointy bit, to... erm.. stop it being pointy! :O))




The background for the card was done by swooshing more of the Trad Tan watered down mix onto the card, then using re-inkers (Dusty Concord & Fired Brick) with some water and Perfect Pearls mixed in, spritzing these over the top of the card and drying with a heat gun.  The little Two Sticks was stamped on using StaZon and I used a journalling pen to draw on some spikey hair and wings.  I finally added the Blah, Blah, Blah in the background to add a bit of decoration.  Thanks for looking... hope you like this card and if you fancy taking a peek at the NEW STAMPOTIQUE stamps... please click HERE!  *I neeeed Puss Puss!!*   TTFN

Hels Sheridan x

7 comments:

Sue said...

Hey Hels, great job and thanks for the credit, glad to have been of help!! LOVE the way that random word appears on his face, adds that extra bit to the overall look.
Sue

She said...

Hi Hels, what a great card! Love it and Puss Puss too - feel a little spend coming on! S xx

Helen said...

I love this! Gorgeous colours, great stamping, love Twinkie (and as for those new Stampotiques...!)

Cath Wilson said...

Brilliant page - love it - and such a change from your norm, which is great to see.

Netty said...

That written sign totally cracked me up..........lol Love the whole piece Hels especially the stick men. Annette x

Hels Sheridan said...

Thanks peeps.. I like to get a bit messier with my Stampotiques.. they just ask to be spritzed and coloured :O)

Gez said...

Wow! Gorgeous card. The colours are FAB. You're right as well.. isn't he a cutie. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails