Tuesday, 3 August 2010

Over At Marci's Pad...

...Morning!  Aha!  Tricked ya... tis me, Hels... you know... the one that goes off at a tangent and waffles incessantly... well, Wendy has let me loose on her Blog so I can show you what I have been making... and today is the debut of Marci's Pad!


I used an offcut of mountboard for the base and started by stamping the Stampotique Welcome Door and then masking this over so I could add Distress Inks for the background colour... I used Spiced Marmalade, Barn Door, Faded Jeans, Mustard Seed, Crushed Olive and then edged with Chipped Sapphire.   The door was then watercoloured in with Pumice Stone DI and then I add a generous layer of Rock Candy Cracklepaint over the top of it.  I made a little banner for the top of the piece, using an offcut of cardstock and freehand cutting some scallops... then doodling on them and adding Glossy Accents for a bit of dimension.



Marci, Kitty and Two Sticks were stamped onto cardstock... Two Sticks had the doodling treatment as I made some petals as a head-dress... I then coloured them all in with Distress Inks and a waterbrush.  I used Word to generate a little plaque for the door and a little name tag for Kitty... these were printed and then popped onto more mountboard, I added rusty wire thru them and coloured them with Spiced Marmalade.  To fill in the background a little, I stamped a flourish from a Paper Artsy HotPick set.  Finally, I added more rusty wire to make a hangy bit for the piece.  Blimey, I cannot believe I have managed to not waffle on and take up your time LOL  Thanks for looking and... all the gorgeous Stampotique stamps, inks etc are all available from The Stamp Attic

TTFN..

Hels Sheridan

7 comments:

Minxy said...

This is fan-frickin-tastico.. i absolutely adore every square inch of it :)xx

Helen said...

Just gorgeous!

My crafty dog and I said...

Oh wow, I just love EVERYTHING about this, absolutely lovely and very inspiring, Sam :O) x

Hels Sheridan said...

Thanks girls :O))

Anne Jagger said...

Fantastic. Love the colours you've used.

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Absolutel fabulous hunny :-)
Anne xx

Stampersue said...

hi Hels - Love the vibrant colours - great piece.

Stampersue

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails