Sunday, 4 July 2010

Dirty Little Secrets..............

Gotcha! and she is going to kill me for this LOL. This is my very good friend Kate ( if you visit the shop on a Saturday you may well get to meet her). We made a snap decision to go see Sex and the City 2 on the last night of showing at our local cinema. We both needed some TLC so when we got there we headed straight for the Ben and Jerry's concession and got two of the hugest, scrummiest tubs of ice cream with all the  sauces and toppings we could fit on. They were delicious. It's amazing what a good film, ice cream and Kate for company can do for your morale - thanks honey, you're the best.
Here at The Stamp Attic we have a craft club, we meet once a month for crafting, demo's, tea and biscuits and great company. We often do a challenge and last month we had a stamp swap. You brought in a stamp you were lost for ideas with and in a blind swap somebody got your stamp to play with and you got theirs. You had to make cards with the new stamp ready to give back along with the stamp, to the rightful owner the following month. This way you got to play with a new stamp at no cost, they got new card ideas and you got some too for your stamp - I hope you follow all that LOL. This is the stamp I got........its an old Hero Arts Collage image.
Here is my first design
I stamped it in black ink on white card and layered it back onto lime green, black and white card. I stamped a second image onto lime green card and cut out the flower and phrase which I then adhered to the main image using sticky fixers to raise it up.
and the second one.........
This one I stamped in Denim Adirondack ink and cut into four pieces. I made a background, which you cannot see too well here, using Dabber Paints in Cranberry and Denim and using sequin waste to stencil through. I layered the pieces onto navy card, then my background, then navy again and finally onto a cranberry card. I tied the middle with a navy organza ribbon.
Both cards are very simple but I liked them, I hope the stamp owner did too.
If you are local to us and want to join the club then just drop me a comment and I will be in touch.
Today has been warm but so much fresher and I decided to some gardening. My front garden is brimming with flowers and needed getting under control.
I love the red of this Geum and in the background you can just see the Monarda starting to flower, also a lovely shade of red.
Ah a better view of the red flowers here, and the pinky one is an Astrantia.
This little fellow was helping himself to huge mouthfuls of my Verbascum.
and my favourite flower of the garden this year has to be this Aquilegia.
I will have more pictures of the extension for you soon, its coming along very fast now, still looks a mess but I now have a proper kitchen, my own loo (most important) and my very own beams, I love my beams.........pictures soon I promise.

8 comments:

Tracy Evans said...

Fab cards Wendy, I really love the first one with that pop of lime green. Can't wait to see the extension too, sounds fab. Great garden pics, I so love the Astrantia's, I have lots of them and will hopefully have lots more plants when I visit Tatton (fab show to visit). Have a good evening, Tracy Evans x

Ruby said...

Yay!!! Finally she posts the cards she made (giggle!) Only teasing! These are lovely Wendy! I LOVE the lime and black together, very classy, and what a great idea to split the stamp into sections for the second one!

Looking forward to spending in, oops I mean seeing the new extra shop! The beams sound luverly!

Love your pics of the garden, that caterpillar is SO cute! Love your Aquilegia too, great colour inspiration for a card!

Carol Q said...

ooh, wish I was nearer to come and join you. that shade of green looks gorgeous Wendy. I had to go off and identify the caterpillar - it's a mullein moth (I think!)

Sarah Anderson said...

Yep, she's gonna kill you! Nice knowing you hun :)

Hels Sheridan said...

Aw, that is such a sweet little caterpiller...I happen to know that his species name is the Verbascum Scoffingus Caterillerius... *think I have lost the plot!!* Loving your ART too.. bet one of those is my birthday card LMAO :O)) SYT! xx

Helen said...

I love these cards - especially the one with the green layer. It's a great stamp, not one I've seen before.
Sorry I didn't get over on Saturday, after Newbury couldn't work a way to do it by train!!

KathyW said...

I love the cards Wendy its given me fresh ideas on what to do with the stamp. Thanks. Looking forward to seeing the new extension

Anonymous said...

Oh heavens above!.Photos dreadful but the ice cream was absolute heaven!..lol

Luv
Kate xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails