Monday, 28 June 2010

Be amazed, be very amazed..........

I actually did some artwork!!!
On Sunday Sarah Anderson taught a canvas class and as the shop is closed on a Sunday I could join in, and I had a fabulous time. Here is my inky painty canvas. We used Adirondack Spray Inks and Dabber Paints to create a multi layered effect on an 8x8 canvas. The basic background is the spray inks with water spritzed from mini misters and dribbled and smooshed about the canvas. Then we layered Dabber Paints to create some depth and finally stamped images in Dabber Paints for the final layers. I love this swirl, its from a Tim Holtz set called Take Flight, which will be in stock very soon...........I need on of those swirls for me. I think I hogged it - sorry ladies.
This is Joanna's canvas. She had some really nice arty sides to her canvas but unfortunately I did not get any photo's of it..........
Judy is a blue freak and so guess what colour her canvas is! Looks like she got the swirl off me as some point too.......
Tink has done a fine job here, she has used the extra colour around the edges to create a window effect - nice work Tink (aged 9).
Tink's mum Ruby chose colours to match into her craft room - hey you got the swirl stamp too.........I love the depth in Ruby's canvas.
and some finished (ish) works of art. This is mine, I wanted to use Sarah's sewing machine on my grunge but spent too long fiddling with my grunge rose and birdcage. The rose, cut from grunge paper using the PaperArtsy Grunge Flower Die, is painted with Cranberry Dabber and over-stamped with, oh yes you guessed it, the swirl, in Lemonade to lighten and add interest. The leaves were stamped in Lettuce Dabber over a Bottle Dabber painted grunge. I die cut the Tim Holtz Caged Bird and painted that in Gold Dabber. I still need to add some beads or dangles to the bottom of the cage and my birdie wing needs colouring to match his body, but on the whole that is that. The mini canvas you can see at the bottom left is not part of the final piece you will be glad to hear, primarily as it does not match LOL We made a mini canvas in the morning to practice our techniques before we attacked our big canvas.
Joanna's almost finished piece. Your colours are so soft Joanna, really lovely work.
Ruby's piece - that Turquoise Alterations Butterfly really pops off the background, this is going to be fab on your wall Ruby. As you can see we all got the grunge flower bug and so the sewing machine will be done on another day..........
Tink's canvas has not changed colour, I just got in a bit close without a flash........sorry Tink. See her lovely little elephants.......here is a close up
Yes, we used Shrink too..............we were meant to be making buttons for the middle of stitched flowers but as we rebelled and made grunge roses instead Tink used her shrink for elephants.
And Judy's almost finished piece..........see that bird, its off the swirl stamp set LOL. Judy got the wonderful colour of the bird by stamping it in Denim Dabber Paint, then mixing some Denim and Snowcap to make the lighter colour and over-stamping using her new paint. Judy did use the sewing machine and you can see her leaves and stalk have stitching on them.......well done Judy, you can be teachers pet.
Phew, well if you stuck with all that well done you.............and I cannot wait for the next canvas class, it's on a Sunday too!!!

7 comments:

Tracy Evans said...

Beautiful canvases Wendy and I can't believe Tink is only 9, how talented. Love those roses too. Have a good evening, Tracy x x

Joanna K said...

Well done me for staying 'till the end of the post lol ;-) And well done you for this divine art on your both canvases ;-)))! Thanks again Wendy, I had such a great time! Can't wait for the 17th July! ;))) x

Netty said...

Everybody obviously had a great time splashing about...what fun. Annette x

Helen said...

Wow! What fab work you've all done. You must have had a lovely day!

Ruby said...

Ah, you got my baby's elephants in there!!!!! About time we saw something you've made!!! ;o) Your canvas is GORGEOUS, LOVE those colours, I'm jealous lol. We had such a great time!! x

Carol Q said...

OMG - definitely a class to add to my list! looks like you all had such fun!

penibear said...

Awww, wish I'd been there, they all look FANTASTIC!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails