Friday, 14 May 2010

Embossed books and Farewells...........

On May 23rd, that's a week Sunday, Sarah Anderson will be down with us for more workshop fun. This time we are using Ten Seconds Studio metal and tools to make a cover for a book. Sarah has a few unique techniques up her sleeve for ageing the metal and we will be using stamps to emboss designs as well. We only have a few places left so if you fancy a day of metal fun over at our place then just go online and book now to make sure of your place.
The book shown here is one Sue Roddis made and although ours will be similar that's where it ends lol

Talking of Sue, I am very sad and happy at the same time tonight. Sad as my best friend in all the world is leaving for a new life in Kazakhstan tomorrow. I am going to soooooo miss that girl, all our hours of chatting on the phone putting the world to rights lol. Happy because I know she is really looking forward to her new adventure, experiencing a new country and way of life and this is such a fantastic opportunity for both her and Stuart. I will go over and visit later in the year and thank goodness for web cams and Skype is all I can say. So Bon Voyage my dear friend and I will see you soon................

6 comments:

Sarah Anderson said...

well that brought the tears out Wendy!!!

Wendy said...

been lots of those today Sarah, believe me.....just don't tell Sue

Sue said...

OK you two just stop it!!! You'll make the screen all soggy!

Hels Sheridan said...

Aw... that is so sweet Wendy and sad too... wishing Sue all the luck in the world and hoping she will be happy in her new home/country!! Thank heavens for things like emails and Skype! big hugs for you both xx

Hels Sheridan said...

Whoops, forgot to say... love that art! xx

Joanna K said...

Wendy, will you be running another embossed books course with Sarah any time soon? Have to go to Sheffield on 23rd so won't be able to join the second day that weekend ;( Oh, and I meant to ask. Where's best to park near town centre? My hubby was dropping me off previously. And I will try to give you a buzz that I am on the way in case I was running a few minutes late again lol ;-) see you soon!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails