Thursday, 29 April 2010

Flowers galore

Last night I had a few friends over for a bit of a craft night with dinner and chocolate and we had a whale of a time. Wendy (not me, but my trusty shop Wendy) brought a huge bag of fabric offcuts, we got out Tim's Tattered Florals Die and away we went.........flowers by the score and oh what fun it was. Sarah was doing here submission for this weeks Play Date Cafe and chose the colours of fabric to suit. Her beaded flower is just gorgeous and I was  begging it from her before she even blogged it for Play Date.
As you can see, one Die was not enough, we had THREE!!  And pretty soon the table was covered in bits of fabric, beads and oh yes, chocolate!
Kate shows her armful of  bloomin' lovelies..................
Then we gave the Caged  Bird a bit of a bashing, having first stuck some fabric to a roll of sticky backed cork (I found that in The Works), it gave the fabric a firm base and cut beautifully. We did it twice, with different fabrics and swapped the bits about to give the samples you can see below. Oh those are my glasses by the way, I am now offiicialy old I think, cannot see a darned thing with them LOL
Here is my effort, I used four layers of the large flower, four layers of the daisy flower and one of the little flowers as the centre. I then stitched the layers together before stitching beads to the centre. I stitched a broach back the back (strangely enough) and ........ well I will show you what I did next tomorrow when I get the rest of the photo's up.
Today more friends came over to play, Sarah Anderson, Ruby Maguire and Hels Sheridan. We had a fab day which was over waaaaaay too fast, we made lots of art and I promise I will share as soon as I have the pics. I made more flowers, I think I am hooked LOL

9 comments:

Jan said...

Thanks for my Tattered Flowers die Wendy, waiting here for me when I got back from my hols this week. Am dying to try it out and this has given me inspiration!

Helen said...

Wendy, they look fantastic. I may just have to get some of these dies - I see you were using them in the cuttlebug, no problems there then?? I haven't done any die cutting with mine, as I didn't want to scratch the plate, but these are so gorgeous....

Carol Q said...

ooh, aren't they gorgeous!!

flutterbycrafter said...

They are lovely, as are the fabrics.

Sarah Anderson said...

yes they are, but that first photo of me is atrocious!!!!

Netty said...

You all looked as if you had a great time and the results are good as well.

Jennie said...

looks like such fun :) love the material idea , and chocolate! yum!

Wendy said...

Sarah it's not atrocious, its a happy smiley Sarah photo, I think you look fabulous x

Joanna K said...

I've always been told glasses were a sign of wisdom, not age, and as I wear glasses myself I am quite happy with this version LOL! The flowers are beautiful and the fabric bird and cage simply stole my heart..;-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails