Thursday, 8 April 2010

Easter Break Two

Aha, photo session over........here you go. I forgot to mention the most important bit of the weekend, my present!! Colin bought me this gorgeous necklace. Its Butterscotch Amber in a silver setting with hinged silver bars.........I love it.I messed about with new Distress Inks while we were away and here are a couple of tags. This first one I made by putting Wild Honey and Crushed Olive onto a non stick sheet and spraying with a mini mister filled with perfect pearls perfect pearl and water. I 'scooped' the tag across the sheet to pick up the globules of pearly ink and then dried it with a heat gun. I stamped the Plaid background using Olive Archival Ink and the border using Rusty Hinge Distress Ink. The words are stamped using Rusty Hinge too. The Flower is cut from grungepaper, coloured with Barn Door and stamped over in Jet Archival. I then sprayed that with perfect pearls mister too. It's attached to the tag with a Foliage flower and pin. To finish it, I stamped the stitched border across the bottom of the tag and trimmed it to match. All inspired by Wendy Vecchi ofcourse.
This tag has been done in a similar way except I put Distress Ink into the mister with the pearls. Sprayed using Spiced Marmalade and Bundled Sage direct onto the tag. The background, words and the stitches have been stamped using Coffee Archival for a softer result. I stamped the tulip on grungepaper and coloured with Bundled Sage, Crushed Olive and Barn Door, cut and adhered to the tag. A piece of brown ric rac has been added to the bottom of the tag to finish.
Adding perfect pearls to your mister whether its with just water or with Distress Reinkers added makes a lovely shimmery background with very little effort and very little cost too.

5 comments:

Heather Williams said...

Love the tags Wendy - it's great that you've managed to find some time to have a play but I hope you don't have to go to the Lake District every time you want to do some stamping!

Helen said...

You should show us more of your own work! Love these tags, great colours, stamps I don't have - yet, ha ha.

The Scrappy Tree said...

What a beautiful present!

Kerry said...

Love the tags Wendy! You really should show us more of your work - and the presents that Colin buys so I can send my DH a visual poke when he runs out of ideas!! Kxx

Jennie said...

Amazing, artwork! lol nice to see yours for a change.. love the flowers
xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails