Monday, 8 March 2010

Tatty Flowers etc

The time is fast approaching when the new Alterations Dies by Tim Holtz will be released by Sizzix, its so exciting, I personally cannot wait to get my hands on them. We have them online now for pre order and we decided in order to reward you for pre ordering we would do you a nice offer...........so, all pre orders will be posted free of charge (see the site for more information on this) AND for every die you order we will give you a ticket in our draw. Once the dies are in stock, we will draw a winner and they can choose any Die or Textrue Fade of their choice! Wendy Vecchi's new book has been a real hit with everybody but none so much as our very own Hels. Once she got her hands on her copy she set too making one of the projects. Beginning with a base (Hels used mountboard but any of the Maya Road Chipboard Coasters will do the job) apply Distress Inks with a Blending Tool. Hels has used Wild Honey,Rusty Hinge and Forset Moss, stamped over with Brushed Corduroy. The rose is Barn Door on Grungepaper overstamped with Studio 490 background stamps.
Its amazing what a difference overstamping with the background images can make. Look closely and you will see not only the vertical patterns but the stitching line across the top. Using these smaller elements can make a plain background fuller but not so busy it overpowers the main focal point.

I love this bright cheerful project, thanks for sharing Hels.

3 comments:

Hels Sheridan said...

:O)) Thanks hun...oh, and can I be entered into the draw too pretty please...I have no money *sob* and have to live on baked beans... *mm, is that enough of a sob story I wonder LOL*

Fliss said...

Love Hels project, it's just gorgeous and I've just done my pre-order having been champing at the bit to get these having seen the sneak peeks on Sir Tim's blog before CHA.
Thanks too for my Distress inks which arrived on Friday.
x

The Scrappy Tree said...

I need to get that lottery win sorted out, there's just too much stuff that I want! Great project Hels :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails