Saturday, 5 September 2009

The Elbourne touch

I have been so excited to share this with you but have kept my mouth shut until Linda had finished and it was here so I could take photo's of it.........

A week or two back I asked Linda if she would decorate a Studio 490 binder for me for display in the shop. I wanted something special to show off not only the binder but what you can do with the stamps and some distress inks and grungepaper. Luckily for me Linda 'rose' to the challenge (rose - pun - no?). I gave her no other requirements than to make it look typically Wendy Vecchi style and OMG!!! look what she did.
When I unwrapped this from the post this morning I was gobsmacked to say the least. The colours are so me, not that I would not have liked it if it had been pink and purple but for it to be blue and green, perfect, and she did not know I promise you. The work is so fine and detailed these photo's by no means do it justice. The 3D flowers on the cover stand out wonderfully. The background of fine dots on the flowers and the base tie it all in so well. I took these photo's quite quickly this evening as I was anxious to get it on here for you all to see but I will try to get some better close ups later on. Linda will hopefully put it on her blog too and I am sure her photos will better than mine lol. If you are coming to the shop anytime soon, like for Sue's book signing, then you can see this for real...........and if you fancy doing your own I will be listing the ink colours, stamps etc so you can see what Linda used.


Look at this, this is the back of the binder. Linda has
managed to very skillfully decorate the back but not to make it too bulky so it lies flat on the desk...........the inside of the binder has co-ordinating cardstock placed exactly over the decorated fronts to hide the glueing and sticking bits...........
Nothing left to say except THANK YOU LINDA.......

8 comments:

Linda Elbourne said...

Thank you Wendy - I can assure everyone it was a real pleasure and such fun to do! How can you not have a good time with Wendy Vecchi stamps and grunge paper X

Sue said...

Wow!!! Linda you did a fab job........you certain;y "made art"!!

alcoholinky said...

verrrrrrrrrrrrrry nice! well done Linda

Andrea said...

what can I say, just perfect, but then I look at Lindas blog daily and she is just soooooo talented, we need to see more of her fabby artwork, well done Linda the covers look great xx

kjjc said...

ditto Andrea. Just what we have come to expect from the talented LE. Great stuff Linda.

Jo Capper-Sandon said...

This item sums Lindas style in one doesnt it. Classy as always.

Laura said...

I can see why you were so thrilled. Lovely work and colours.

Helen said...

Wow! As you know I have kind of got addicted to Wendy's stamps and have been pondering ordering a binder to store them.... not sure I can live up to Linda's work which is superb. I too love her blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails